Replacement power adaptor for an 06

Frost

The old 06 I've "liberated" is the same gen as Frosts - 'ProA' and solid stem PCV faders, which appears to need 15V 0.5A and polarity with negative in the middle.

I had a look at the power supply the school (and I) have been using with it and it might explain some of the problems we've had with it in the past...

Sell to fix a broken one and then maybe you sell to eric as hes was looking into one! rca outs where wonkey and the up faders need new stems cleaning up and the cross fader needs replacing or fixing, also the stem has gone it also. Damn 2 prone design!

Yeah I'd prob be up for that. How much you want for it?

Ahh wicked, just saw this thread. I've been needing a second power supply for a 06 pro a, so I don't have to keep ferrying the one I have between my listening setup and studio. Someone was gonna sell me a vestax one (and I'm in no rush) but after reading this I think I'll give rasteri's link a go. Cheers beys :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got it all set up now and lubed the Pro-X Fade. It's a very beasty little scratch mixer but no master monitor?! Forgot about that! Is there anything I can do about that? Currently I have to plug headphones into the main amp, which isn't ideal really.

A pic:

20150111_180749.jpg

I'm no steven Hawkins but I fitted a switch like a boss.

I get you may not want to go there, but let me present you with a problem. Imagine you're jamming with some people and you want to practice that delayed backward tazer half click prism you've been working on.

Your output is going into the pa. You want to practice while you wait for the deck hoggers to get off.

Whatcha gonna do blud? You wanna flick the mod switch or unplug from the pa and make humming and shit?

• 6 months later...
Guest rasteri

I mean a delay in you posting this guide and me actually trying it :)

Only got round to it because I was selling the damn thing.

Got another 06 coming up for sale soon!

• 1 year later...

hey guys, old topic - recent problem...
I got the PMC - 06 Pro VCA ( with the -12dB / + 24dB EQ's) but I'm searching my ass off for a suitable power plug...
I really just need the plug - not the complete power adapter...

Does anyone know the inner and outer dimensions of the plug?

Any tipp would be greatly appreciated! Cheers :)

(stock pic)

Guest rasteri

It's either a 2mm or 2.5mm barrel connector. Just order a pack of each, they're really cheap.

Also, as it's AC you don't have to worry about the polarity.

It's either a 2mm or 2.5mm barrel connector. Just order a pack of each, they're really cheap.

Also, as it's AC you don't have to worry about the polarity.

thanx for responding! I tried those since these are quite popular sizes but the inner pin is too fat... Even the power adapters with different plugs to put on didn't include a suitable one... thought it's some J (apan) plug ...

Edited by wax inspektor

Guest rasteri

the inner pin is too fat... Even the power adapters with different plugs to put on didn't include a suitable one... thought it's some J (apan) plug ...

Bizarre... There are 3.3mm barrel connectors available but they're very uncommon, Mouser sells them - http://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Schurter/48401220/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv1TUPJeFpwbgwCFVleXAFihtlEfVKH6w0%3d

It's weird though, I'm sure my 06 just needed a 2mm or 2.5mm barrel connector when I repaired the power supply, I don't think I'd have had 3.3mm plugs just lying around.

Maybe the VCA is different but it looks the same size from the photo. Some power adapters only have a 2.35mm plug, is it possible you're trying that instead of a 2.5mm?

the inner diameter of the plug is about 2,5mm and the pin of the power socket definitly is bigger then that... 3,3mm would be the next size? I never came across those I think... The mixer needs the Vestax AC14 power adapter - maybe someone has it?

Edited by wax inspektor