How to import a MediaMonkey library into Traktor (and possibly Serato)

Steve

First off, I should say that none of this is my work. Full credit goes to DC and Rhashime from the MediaMonkey forums. I have tested this with Traktor and it works fine. It may also work with Serato.

So what does this do?

Traktor has the ability to read from your iTunes library. If you prefer to use MediaMonkey then under normal circumstances you can't import your library as you could if you were an iTunes user. This tip allows you to do that.

Step 1 - Install the script.

Download THIS file and unzip it to the following folder: -

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey\Scripts\Auto

Obviously, substitute your real user name for "YourUserName" in the path above. That's the path to the folder in Windows 7. While this does work with Vista and XP, I don't know the exact path to the folder, but you'll be able to find it using Windows Explorer.

Step 2 - Edit the MediaMonkey scripts.ini file.

Browse to the following folder: -

C:\Program Files\MediaMonkey\Scripts

Or here if you're running the 64 bit version of Windows: -

C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaMonkey\Scripts

Open the scripts.ini file and add the following lines of code to the end of it and then save it: -

[ExportITunes]
FileName=Auto\Export to iTunes library-xml.vbs
ProcName=Export
Order=5
DisplayName=Tracks and Playlists (&iTunes library.xml)
Description=Exports all tracks and playlists to an iTunes library.xml file
Language=VBScript
ScriptType=1

Step 3 - Running the script.

The script runs once per hour (while MediaMonkey is running, obviously) and exports your MediaMonkey library to an XML file called "iTunes Music Library.xml" in this location: -

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\MediaMonkey

You can also run the script manually in MediaMonkey by going to File - Create reports - Tracks and Playlists (iTunes library.xml).

Step 4 - Configuring Traktor.

Once you have run the script above at least once so that the XML file is created, fire up Traktor and go to File - Preferences - File Management. On the right-hand side you will see an entry for "iTunes Music Library". Click the little dots to the right of the path that's already there and browse to the MediaMonkey directory that contains the iTunes Music Library.xml file and select it.

Traktor will now import the contents of that file as if it was an iTunes music library.

Credits.

HERE is the thread where this tip originally comes from if you want to thank the script authors.