Budget Mixing Consoles

Max

well...how many channels are we talkin here and how much is your budget?? haha...if your just wanting one for hooking up multipul audio devices into a single mixer the Mackie DFX-6 is only $190 with 6 input channels or the DFX-12 for $240 with 12 channels,i dont know about you,but thats damn good price for quality equipment!

but then if its just a little something,behringer can do the job good enough..but its one of those things that youd wanna upgrade in the future just like dj equipment you know? so why not go for the best right off the bat?

Edited by FlipFlop

it would help a lot if you could tell us what you actually need from the mixer. Do you just need to combine a bunch of inputs or do you need fx send facilities and things that would be useful in an analogue mixdown?

Give us the context you would be using the mixer in, and any outboard equipment (eg fx units) you use.

In any case, i'd advise you to steer clear of behringer - their stuff is cheap but you know what? you get what you pay for in this world, and this is truer in pro/semi-pro audio than in most other fields. Don't be fooled by behringers seemingly amazing spec/price angle - it's worth paying more for 6 channels of good quality tracking than 12 channels of poor quality rubbish.

Chun has a Behringer Euro and it is actually really nice. Don't judge them on the quality of their DJ mixers!

Anyway, he went for the 8-channel version, it was DOA so Behringer sent him the 12 or 16 channel version, I forget exactly, it is big anyhow.

I'm looking at the eurodesk mixers. I want something with enough channels that i'll be able to expand later. I also want to be able to run an effects unit through it. BTW, can hard-disk recorders be used with analog mixing boards or only digital?