New product from Vestax

Steve

i both retract and regret the itchy beard statement

you have fully endorsed your claim, with the use of the video, and i do believe you!

not sure about your wobbly arm. if you can pop it up like that, doesnt it get a bit lively during power cuts?

It wouldnt matter where the needle is on the record as long as the platter is rotating clockwise. Just think of your finger as a needle it wouldnt matter where u position it as long as it rotates clockwise itll play it right.

Ok, it goes like this:

This is the normal way.

This is the other way.

But no matter where the needle would be; as long as the record plays the right way the sound will be forward.

Cause the sample is in its place everytime, just the arm has a different place so the sound starts earlier.

You know what I´m trying to say?

You just turned the needle, but it´s same as with a pen or like a dot or something (I´m not good in explaining things :( )

I'm still confused as to why the sound doesn't play backwards!? The needle is facing in the opposite direction. I don't get it.

its just a crystal being dragged over some bumps - that's it. The needle itself does bugger all other than shake - a bit like my mates granddad.

It still amazes me that technology developed over a hundred years ago is still condsidered to be the finest sound reproduction method - even if it is the biggest pain in the arse.

The Vestax thing, it's hideous. Looks old fashioned. "Hey, check out my DJ station!"

Bastards.

it dosent seem that bad not to say i would buy it but i can see some advantages at having it like that. I dunno it just seems like vestax is trying to make it into a guitar like intrument even though its its own thing. The thing that turns me off about stuff like this is not everyone likes its a certain specific way and that the good thing about having ur tables and mixer seperate is you can put them any way you like... and Ive seen some odd ass ways people have set up there equipment. but thats always the best something thats confortable to you. And like sigma said the positioning of the fader could be akward for some people but not other i dunno i would rather buy everything seperately.

Couple of years back Vestax made a VEstax turntable guitar, you can find pics of them, it was limitted in production though just like the qfo

I ran into a Vestax sales rep in guitar center the other day. He didn't have a fucking clue...acted like the new pmc-05 was gonna make a massive comeback and kill the competition. Fuckin LOL is all I have to say.

I gotta say for the most part thats true but some once in a while know what they are talking about. Cuz ive met some lying ass sales people, but i just didnt want to be an asshole and argue over something that really dosent affect me but yea most of them out to make a sale tell you anything I would know i worked retail :devil_smile: