Dead Vestax 05pro IV mixer?

I'm sure I don't know a 1/4 of what Rasteri knows but from I understand a diode can work like a fuse. So if there's something else wrong that caused the diode to blow (like Rasteri was hinting at) you might have to track that down later. It's probably not a bad idea to buy 3 or 4 diodes since they're so cheap. That way if it turns out to by a symptom of another issue you'll have some spares on hand. I've had instances where it really was just a random thing that caused the fuse to blow and when I replace it it's all good. I've had other times when the fuse keeps blowing because a component has failed up-stream and until I sort that I don't get anywhere.

• Like 1

Yeah that's a diode that's blown wide open.

That one Jam posted should do fine, just make sure you solder it in the right way around.

Of course, there might be a fault somewhere else that caused it to blow, so be careful.

Just to check, the one JB posted shows 600v 1A, is that correct?

Seen some on ebay for like 99p

I think that's what "600" is for in the DIODE 1SR139-600 DO-41MINI part description. I didn't look through the schematic to see if there's more info on the technical drawing but you might look there to see if there's any info.

• Like 1

Was quite an easy fix so I suppose I'm kinda lucky really.

Those diodes were incredibly cheap. And to think the only repairs place that actually got back to me quoted at least £30 just for having a look!

Everything works a like a charm.

Thanks to everybody that helped in this thread

Edited by Phonetic
  • Like 2

Panicked when I turned it on today & there was a noticeable hum coming from the right channel. T'was just the ground wire though, phewww

Its still working a treat though. Tested it with Traktor now too. My old teacher Mr Thomas would be proud haha

Again, thanks for everyone's input on this

Big ups!

• Like 1