Is beatmatching the be all and end all of djing?

jeljms

Is beatmatching the be all and end all of djing  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What's your view of the importance of beatmatching

• Unless you've got four records on the go in perfect time (without sync), you're cheating.
    • It's the cornerstone of dj skill - it's the first and most important skill to learn.
    • It's one way of mixing but not the only way. I like to beatmatch, just not every record.
    • Fuck all that - on beat or off beat, just bang it in!

Off to Field day festival in a couple hours (APHEX TWIN !!!!!!!!!) I'm gonna see how much i notice dropped beats while i am monster fucked, i shall report back.

So jealous man, it's one hell of a line up

Really ? I couldnt find a single act worth watching until twin, he finished and we walked out in to the chaos, was staying at Uxbridge (80 quid taxi) and there was no tubes or buses for obvious reasons, so 30 thousand from fielday were on the street and another 10 thousand or whatever from the depeche mode concert.

So 40 thousand people trying to get home with zero transport, zero police in the area, again for obvious reasons, it was ridiculous.

They are lucky they had no incident at fielday itself too, the search was the security tapping the laces on my trainers and saying "youre in" followed by one sniffer dog for 14 entrances, they are damn lucky.

So back to the OP, 40 thousand people stranded, 6 people dead, lunatics on the streets, is beatmatching the be all, who gives a fuck anymore :(

I have been arrested for being a terrorist at heathrow, because i called an attendant an ignorant arrogant cuntstink who should have a Lidl salami jammed up his shitbox, he had just called the disabled man in the wheelchair a useless spazz, and banned from Facebook for being an extremist when i posted "Celebrating Rik Mayals passing is more important than anything this useless bucket of spunk in westminster will ever do" last election day.

So yeah, i am a terrorist and proud of it (I am probably being tagged right now becauae of this post)

• Like 1