Repairing Rane TTM-56

evil98

Found a Rane TTM-56 for $280 but with multiple broken pots. I have no problem replacing the pots. Everything else is in good condition. My issue is finding the original ALPS components. I've been on ebay all day and none of my goto electronic sites carry any ALPS with in the specs. I've found some comparable components from other manufactures but even those have some ridiculous lead time. I've contacted rane via email but no response yet. I found this site instrumentalparts.com but everything is extremely over priced and non-oem. Anyone got any sources? Thanks!

These are the specs that I can gather from my observations and measurements. If anything is wrong please let me know. I'm guessing on the tapers.

volume pot

• 20k ohm
  • dual gang
  • top adjust
  • pcb mount
  • D shaft
  • 6mm shaft
  • 15mm length shaft (including threads)
  • 7mm length flat area
  • logarithmic taper (?)

slide pot

• 20k ohm
  • dual gang
  • pcb mount
  • 20mm travel
  • 20mm lever length
  • 1.2mm lever thickness
  • no detent
  • 9mm width
  • 35mm lenght
  • 7mm height
  • linear taper (?)

Have you looked at the pots to see if you can salvage them? I think Rane parts are going to be really hard to find going forward. Have you tried mouser?

I'm going to test the rotary pot to see if it still works. I did manage to "reassemble" it but I'm not sure if its put together right. The slide potentiometer is toast. Yea mouser is the first place I looked. I also checked digikey and they don't have much in stock either.

This is the closest thing I can find for the rotary pot

P0925N-FC15BR20K

Datasheet

As for the slide potentiometer, I haven't found anything that is suitable. -_- At this point I might just make the dry-wet a rotary as well.

Any chance this would work? It looks to be the same as the headphone cue Slider on the 56. Are all four of the 56 sliders the same?

http://www.showcomms.com/rane/ttm-57sl-performance-mixer/rane-empath-ttm57sl-slider-pot-20kb-12061.html

That will work but it would cost me about $19 for a potentiometer that is worth maybe $2.. I know I'm being stingy but its the principal lol

Guest rasteri

I have a junk DJM800 that I managed to find a compatible pot in. It was a different value but that doesn't (generally) matter for gain/volume controls.

I have a junk DJM800 that I managed to find a compatible pot in. It was a different value but that doesn't (generally) matter for gain/volume controls.

Thanks for the offer! But more interestingly, you think that I could use a different value pot for both? Because if that's the case I think I could definitely find replacements.

edit:

I found a ALPS rotary in the same dimensions but in 10k.

edit:

nvm cant find any slide potentiometer in those dimensions that are dual gang

Edited by evil98

I grabbed a 61 off ebay. If you have issues finding the pots you need let me know. I'll probably be parting out my 56.

Got outbid. Not willing to drop more than $75 on a busted mixer in that terrible condition.

I grabbed a 61 off ebay. If you have issues finding the pots you need let me know. I'll probably be parting out my 56.

Yea I don't blame you that 56 was in really bad shape. I still need both the slide pot and rotary pot. Let me know when your parting and how much. Thanks

Ill be ready to part it out as soon as the new mixer gets here and I can verify it works as it should. Hopefully middle of next week.

I would prefer to just send the entire board to you and let you use that or pull parts off you need. I'll let you know as soon as I'm ready to go.

Ill be ready to part it out as soon as the new mixer gets here and I can verify it works as it should. Hopefully middle of next week.

I would prefer to just send the entire board to you and let you use that or pull parts off you need. I'll let you know as soon as I'm ready to go.

Sounds good thanks