Ruckazoid/Scratchgod new releases

iexist

Same, can't play em. I've heard some via twitter where he does that thing where he plays the beat in the studio and waves his hand over the lens, I like the sound of the hood reishi preview I heard and definitely interested in the scratchgod one.

• 1 month later...

I was excited to check out the music since we all know the kid has talent...

The previews are nice although one thing struck me as off and that was it...

The bio says he inspired modern crossfader technology haha f*kin Weirdo...I've been modding mixers and faders since 1986.

My Foculpoint records / Djfocus website had mods and my friend ZV from Sqratchattack convinced me to be a bigger apart of

the ASIS forums...I had the first Hamster Mod online back in the days...

The first Hip Hop Store in AZ 1996/97 where I modded lots of Geminis...

Long story short I didn't know who this kid was, in 1986,1987,1988 :-) and most def didn't inspire me in anyway to do

the first contactless fader or anything else in life, geez..haha...I have lots of pictures from my design book on

my FB page from before this foo even picked up a record and needle...:-)

It's opposite, by design I inspired a wave of Scratch Nerds to take apart their ish and think in broader terms, just like Flare, the Flare inspired the search for new Scratches then the crab...

He was one of those nerds that got inspired, I did the First Scratch Practice App then he was inspired to do one too haha...Anyone remember the ASIS App? Maybe that's when he started programming and now has a new Beat App, can I get a thank you? Hahah...

Same with the Scratch records all those in contact with me new the science and design I was putting into it...

Go back check my first releases you will here Ultra Pitched / Ultra High Pitched, Layered and Panned Sounds, Notes and on and on.

This was before there was any turntables with Ultra Pitch...Same with my Reverse Scratch Sentences...Turntables didn't have a reverse button

yet...Same with my 7 inch records...Numark and Vestax didn't have portable turntables yet haha...

In electronics class I was taking apart Tvs to get the Slide Potentiometers out to use as external faders cuase

I didn't want to break my pyramid pr-6700 fader...I was using toggle switches and even a giant light switch at one point

in the 80s...Reed switches, paper clips..psss.

Maybe he is confused cause I started the Mod Squad Facebook Group and thinks I'm on his nuts and wouldn't comment or some ish.

I did it out of the respect for ZV / Sqratchattack and keep his memory alive since the Scratch Arts are on

fire again...The Mod Forum was an extension of what I was already doing, fool got inspired by me and got it twisted. I dropped

plans for modificationstation.com haha so as to not divide the scene...Again because of my good friend ZV/ Zeevee rip...

I appreciated the ASIS days and everyone that was around at the time, the Dstyles Forum and the Piklz Forum

all those life events brought me this far... He is retardo claiming he inspired modern fader tecnology

shhh...Not only was I doing in 1986 I'm still here and doing it fockers :-)...

I respect his Musicianship, that's it, everything else I see as another Human going through lifes motions. Nothing more, nothing less...It's his bio and he can write whatever but those makes me loose trust in his word and loose interest in his

music...It's not meant for those that know, it's meant for those new people that fall for fake news easily I suppose haha :-)

Paz...

RIP Zeevee, it's not the same without you homie....

Edited by Focus
  • Like 2

Ah yes, The Ruck...let's not be too quick to forget how he also invented daylight, quantum physics,deep pan pizza,the Sicilian defence chess opening and the telephone in his spare time by harnessing the power of mind rays.

• Like 4

Ah yes, The Ruck...let's not be too quick to forget how he also invented daylight, quantum physics,deep pan pizza,the Sicilian defence chess opening and the telephone in his spare time by harnessing the power of mind rays.

Hahah, I didn't know he had a reputation...

I had a moment of weakness last night and made a giant post,there should be a character limit on this forums

cause here comes another one...

The funny thing is that his music speaks for itself, no need to add fluff. There was a lot of support for the Asis

site from the scene because it was bringing scratch heads together and was the alternative to the other guys...

He leveraged all the support and connects that came from the Asis site to get where he is at now, that's what this is about.

Leverage, all the successful people know how to leverage one project into another.

It works when speaking to corporate heads because all they know is what is in front of

them, they have no sense of history...

Looks like he is trying to weasel himself back into the hardware scene, throwing a fish hook to see if he

can catch a corporate fish...

It's amazing how everyone claims to be innovative but wait till everything is hot again to get

put on instead of being trailblazers...

Look how far back some of these mod posts go on these forums...

It's offensive to those hackers, modders, makerers that put in work because they

enjoy doing it.

We always have some project going on whether the scene is hot or not, fixing the sink or fixing a mixer

same ish.

I know, I tend to say some wild ish myself :-) so feel free to pickup any of my works and see for yourself. I can acknowledge that

it's not the best quality stuff but the attempt was there and you can hear and see it...

Anywho, that's my peace...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Oi Nix - this is shit” - Matter

Haha that beef that happened afterwards on the boards was fuucen hilarious....

@ focus - i can totally see your point, its pretty bloody disrespectful andi think you have every right to comment. Real heads know their history, although i also understand its not the point.

• Like 1

Just listened to the 'Quadrilogy' record over on Spotify.

What's all the damn fuss about ? its nothing special at all in my opinion,to me it even sounds kind of childish and pretty lame at times.

FWIW- I honestly believe there's dudes here on DV that are pushing the envelope in much more creative ways and ultimately making better stuff than this.

Edit-

I thought I may have been a bit harsh on him so I went back and checked the 'Amazing Lover' album..Hahahaha fucking hell..what's he supposed to be doing that's so groundbreaking here, pressing the factory presets in 'song mode' on some shitty Casio keyboard from the 1980's ??

Its absolutely fucking atrocious.

• Like 1