Short Session

iexist

(the file i listened to was pretty broken up..like jumpy..dunno if its my pc or the recoding)

i think the timing is great and the techniques played where good. but there was a few too many ahhh in it (at the end of a scratch when u let go of the record) also the timing was kinda stale??? by that i mean it would start on the first beat of the bar..and end on the 4th (of the same bar or another) with no pauses. by adding these i reckon it would sound less predictable and more creative.

but all in all a good clip with good scratchin going on (not at all sloppy)

I liked this man. Best I've heard from you. Definitely a few too many straight releases on ahhhhhh though. Other than that it's nice. Original flares all over the place! It sounds a lot more controlled than some of your other files.

Definitely a few too many straight releases on ahhhhhh though.

Thanks sig. What all can I do instead of just releasing it, I dont ever really think to do much, or just nothing really comes to mind other than just messin with the record movement, or cuttin while its released...

Edited by iexist

Well you could add forward drags. You could put in some fades. You could do several transform clicks just to break up the sound to "aaaa aa aa ahhhhh" instead of straight "aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh". You could also do pats on the record.

It just adds that bit more variety cos it's a shame when you're doing nice combos and they all end with the predictable straight release. I'm sure if I listen to any of my files I'm just as bad though!

oooo yeaaa ill drum beat. good job in keeping it clean,pretty basic. one thing i think you could really use woud be to instead of letting the ahhhh sample run out after every scratch utalize it and instead of letting go,do a tear or trasform it up a little. get fonky with it! keep it up though you deffinitly got the idea.

Jordan you got no style! Your a fucking robot! But really sounds like your thinking to much. I'd like to hear ya just wigg out on it a lil more. Your fucking chirps are gettin faster by the day! I didnt hear you use them flares to much I have been hearing you working on. The crabs sounded tight too. They are definitly getting better. Being as you are a robot and all, I realize that nailing these new combos and patterns will be cake as soon as you get them. WORK ON STYLE. The lil half a flare tear thing is sounding tight to by the way. Stop everynow and again and just bust a random combo youve never tries before. You dont always have to scratch so safe. But after all thats said.

THAT SHITS TIGHT. IEXIST IS THE DJ IN THE GABRIELSAINT CREW HOMIES WHAT! THATS MY DAWG!

Anyway, a real good scratch file. Your the first person, i mean i guess your a robot so, thats droppped a file so clean it would benefit from being a lil more haphazard and sloppy.

Nice and precise ! (compared to me anyways) plus what everyone else said - do some different releases - I find faded scribbles are a nice 'n easy exit from any combo.

But then you don't want to listen to me - I can't even flare with that kind of precision :50_50: