Another one commin' at cha

Damn you listened to me already? lol i just posted it thanks man, by the way does anyone know if i'm doing flares in my file, after a while i didn't think about this is how to do a flare i kinda spaced out, by the way 1:55 to 2:00 is another sad attempt by me to attempt the faderless crab, i

Edited by Mixologist

How did iexist listen to this and post a response in less than three minutes?? The file is over 4 minutes long. LOL.

What is that beat Mix? I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago. I like it.

As for the cuts - you've got loads better! It all sounds like it's just a little out of your grasp though if you know what I mean. I reckon give it a few more months and you'll have some really nice cuts up your sleeve.

yeah, not to shabby. Keep at it. Do you know what a flare sounds like?

pffft....do you?

A WHA A WHA, A WHA A WHA, A WHA A WHA!!!!!

Its waka waka waka waka waka BTW.

I didnt mean to sound rude. I was really asking if he knew what a flare sounded like. Find a good clean audio file of a Flare and keep listen and trying until you can mimick it. If you know what a flare sounds like and you think that yours sound like sloppy chirps the thay prob sound like that to us. It sounds like you getting the hang of it for sure. I aint no qbert myself. But I would say try and concentrate on hearing the record change directions on each side of the flare. If you dont hear that it kinda takes away from the flare sound. Concentrate on when the fader is open rather than when it is off. So you will have two distinct sounds on each side of the click. Hence the WAKA (CLICK) WAKA (CLICK) WAKA (CLICK) WAKA (CLICK) or waka waka waka waka. Go fozzy bear!

BTW I would hold out on the faderless crabs until you at least get flares down.

Edited by gabrielsaint

Here's some flares..............

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stevebluck/sc...Flaressssss.mp3

The file breaks down like this:

1-click flare orbit

1-click flare forward motion only

1-click flare backwards motion only

2-click flare forward motion only

2-click flare backwards motion only

2-click flare orbit

There's a whole stack of variations you can do with timing/number of click(s) and speed of the record too.

yeah, not to shabby. Keep at it. Do you know what a flare sounds like?

pffft....do you?

A WHA A WHA, A WHA A WHA, A WHA A WHA!!!!!

Its waka waka waka waka waka BTW.

I didnt mean to sound rude. I was really asking if he knew what a flare sounded like. Find a good clean audio file of a Flare and keep listen and trying until you can mimick it. If you know what a flare sounds like and you think that yours sound like sloppy chirps the thay prob sound like that to us. It sounds like you getting the hang of it for sure. I aint no qbert myself. But I would say try and concentrate on hearing the record change directions on each side of the flare. If you dont hear that it kinda takes away from the flare sound. Concentrate on when the fader is open rather than when it is off. So you will have two distinct sounds on each side of the click. Hence the WAKA (CLICK) WAKA (CLICK) WAKA (CLICK) WAKA (CLICK) or waka waka waka waka. Go fozzy bear!

BTW I would hold out on the faderless crabs until you at least get flares down.

the ones in taht file sucked ass big time, i have had them sound better, but yea i know whatcha mean, i'm just rrying to practice faderless stuff, like the faderless falre where you just pat donw your fader hand or thumb instead of clicking, which is something i forgot to use

Also thanks for the file sigma, i was using Dub se7ens video for flares before but it just show his fader hand it helps notw that i know what the 2 click should sound like, like in case i'm by accident throwing in an extra click

i really like the scratching from 10 -20 seconds... what combos is that?

it sloppy on parts .. and like you said "breathing"... i still need to work on that also.. i havnet even been practicing much lately since the weather has been shitty and when that happens my mood for practicing is just downhill...

and speaking of flares.. i still dont get the grasp of "pinching"