Collabo track

Guest Deeswift

I'm on for slapping some cuts down on this. A straight up beat would be good, I wasn't into the different sections kinda vibe last time. 16 bars each over a beat would be alright though.

I'm on for slapping some cuts down on this. A straight up beat would be good, I wasn't into the different sections kinda vibe last time. 16 bars each over a beat would be alright though.

So the same beat all the way through with whatever you like added on top? Or do you mean just like a big scratch practice with all of us on it?

Guest Deeswift

I guess so yeah, just like if we were all jamming over the same beat. It's the cuts that interest me most, rather than the beat, but what do I know... I'd be happy with whatever really, so it's up to you guys.

Guest Deeswift
Not keen. It's OK, just a bit miserable... not meaning that as a diss. Just gets a bit boring!

Dont worry,....I didnt make it :o

Someone supply a beat...Dee dont you have a big collection?

Dood, the beats I have are secret! I don't listen to the same kinda stuff as most of you lot, so most of the breaks I have are unique and found in places that are not obvious. I have some truly astounding beats, but I wanna save them shits for myself!

Not keen. It's OK, just a bit miserable... not meaning that as a diss. Just gets a bit boring!

Dont worry,....I didnt make it ;)

Someone supply a beat...Dee dont you have a big collection?

Dood, the beats I have are secret! I don't listen to the same kinda stuff as most of you lot, so most of the breaks I have are unique and found in places that are not obvious. I have some truly astounding beats, but I wanna save them shits for myself!

Hey...come on!! Not even one?!

We all friends here :d

That beat would be nice to do some cuts over if its loop before the cuts come in. It would be good for the 16 bar scratch rotation that Dee is talking about. I;ll have to get a soundclick account so I can download the MP3. I got some CoLab specs I cam up with. I'll start a thread hold up.

I learned that when starting a project you gotta setup the rules and work around them and chang them other wise everyones on different pages. Hope this will help on Mix's idea of layer CoLab. I came up with a way to keep this organized. Its also built on the idea of using loops. You could always keep the same idea and not use loops though.

I am going to try and spilt things up evenly.

Main Objectives:

*Beats: (at least 1 loop , a max of 3) Best if we start with a beat first.

*Samples: (at least 2 loop, a max of 6) 1 sample per person.

*Bass: Now drop that bass! Somebodies gotta hold up the bottom end with a bassline.

*Vocal: A vocal sample isnt always needed and should be added after majority of the track has been laid down. As that a vocal sample carries alot of weight (the hook) it should agreed on by the majority of participants.

(This is just an idea to help keep the production cleaner. We can do it tossong back and forth too if its easier.)

*Comp: Somebody has to put it all together (in a structure based on a 4/4 time signature and with a break ratio of around 4 to 8 bars.) ( That means you ad a new layer/track/sample every 4 to 8 bars to create a structured build up.) The persom creating the Composistion or the "mix" might not get to add actual samples but his contibution is the structure as a whole.

*Hosting: Somebodies gotta make sure we have a way to get these files together. Via email or FTP, or any server space that you can use to help.

Each beat/sample should be at least 1 bar long and no longer than 4 bars. With the exceptions of certain samples, ideas and Scratch Sentences.

Persons can do more than one objective, but be mindful that this is a "group project" so leave room, and space for everyone to put up. Remember what our parent taught us. Its fun to share. For now we draw straws for an objective. Also be weary of over loading samples. If somones has a sample down maybe try dodging it and not always dropping the sample on top of each other as much one after another.

There you have it. Lets see how it goes. Holla!

:d

The incubus beat would work fine for the sratch rotation like Dee was talking about. It might be a bit busy for the layers idea.

ok! I am all about making the first moves so checki this.

Its a loop that MonkeyHands put together for a CoLab he I were working on. The beat didnt end up getting used so lets use it here. Some body create a layer to go on top of this.

http://www.oshuncreation.com/gabrielMusic/...+colabbeat6.mp3