• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 broke

broke

Ageing Rap Hipster #1

• Elite Member
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:33 PM

I was just showing someone one of the old CCF clips and it got me wondering what happened to Red Jacket. Most of the other guys from those battles went on to cement their place as scratch gods e.g. the Scratch Science guys, Enfoe (arguably already god status back in 06), Ahment, Cavern, Or d'Oeuvre etc. I saw he was doing some almost commercial type prouction for French hip-hop and R&B artists but he sort of exited the scratch scene as far as I can tell.

Or is he still cutting? Anyone? Bueller?

#2 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

No clue.

Although it's no help to answering your question, I was wondering a similar thing about Troubl the other day. I'm sure he used to be one of the main Frenchies at one point, but I haven't heard of him in the last few years... maybe I'm just in the wrong FB groups or something though?

#3 MadAbbott

MadAbbott
  • Elite Member
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

I followed Red Jacket's page for a while and as you say broke it was some pretty commercial music that I really wasn't feeling. Troubl went into some dubstep production after battling I think

• DJ Rock Well likes this

#4 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

Sad times. Dubstep claimed a lot of lives.
  • JHouse, djdiggla, watzz and 3 others like this

#5 Jon

Jon

Oh HAI Wax0N btw!

• Elite Member
  • 8,227 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

Troubl is now the really successful trap producer UZ.

• JHouse likes this

#6 DJ Rock Well

DJ Rock Well
  • Team DV
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

Such a tragic waste of a young life :)
  • watzz and danswift like this

#7 goldielocksnthethreebrares

goldielocksnthethreebrares
  • Elite Member
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

Sad times. Dubstep claimed a lot of lives.

Some dubstep is good, not all or the skrillex type of dogshite, but some of it is fire.

• JHouse likes this

MAN O' WAR : Question & Answer Scratch Battle Record - Its the dopest, illest, sickest, slickest, skip-proofiest, slap yo' momma sideways battle record there ever was, is or will be & only 250x of you lucky bastards are going to get one.

BLACK MAGIC EP : The Definative 2 Player, Back to Back Question & Answer Scratch Excercises. This EP is for 2 People, so it's twice as dope, twice as ill, twice as sick, twice as slick, twice as skip-proof & slap yo mamma, that bitch, sideways, twice as much as with the Man O War battle record.
And twice as many of you can get your mitts on one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users