Beat Maker 3

IOS is the new AmigaOS

"Hey, we are the shittest company on the planet, we have no idea at all how to do things we say we are going to do, all of our demos are complete garbage, our trailer looks like it was made by some film school wannabe who is using every effect that he has been told is currently 'In style' "

"But hey, on the other hand, our software is probably the most exciting thing to happen in sampling/sequencing for the last ten years, so there is that"

Hahahahaha

Today has been a complete marketing shit shambles, and i still don't give a fuck, BM3 still looks amazing hahaha

• Like 1

IOS is the new AmigaOS

"Hey, we are the shittest company on the planet, we have no idea at all how to do things we say we are going to do, all of our demos are complete garbage, our trailer looks like it was made by some film school wannabe who is using every effect that he has been told is currently 'In style' "

"But hey, on the other hand, our software is probably the most exciting thing to happen in sampling/sequencing for the last ten years, so there is that"

Hahahahaha

Today has been a complete marketing shit shambles, and i still don't give a fuck, BM3 still looks amazing hahaha

Agreed. You need to dig a lot to figure if it's for you or not since videos from betatesters and marketing are confusing (to say something polite)

Reading the audio bus forum has been amazing!

I was part of the madness trolling like a child. Now is out there and I'm checking some of these videos to find howto's

There is a lot to like but the stuff i was looking forward to is a fucking huge huge fail

You can't record your scene/pattern performances in to the arranger

Performance mode is a fucking joke, no trigger options like loop or one shot, no individual quantize, it only triggers entire scenes (Whole columns, not patterns or clips) no choking, no linking.

So yeah, excitement wore off real quick hahaha

On the plus side, the sampler/mixer/effects are good

• Like 1

There is a lot to like but the stuff i was looking forward to is a fucking huge huge fail

You can't record your scene/pattern performances in to the arranger

Performance mode is a fucking joke, no trigger options like loop or one shot, no individual quantize, it only triggers entire scenes (Whole columns, not patterns or clips) no choking, no linking.

So yeah, excitement wore off real quick hahaha

On the plus side, the sampler/mixer/effects are good

Well for me the timestretching/sidechain itself makes it worth for the price since gives me the Ableton tools I miss in iOS.

Scene performance seems in the works (or I hope so) useless ATM

Everything else is a plus for me lol I'm very happy with BlocsWave/Launchpad so with the remixing tools I'm served but for thise expecting the Ableton live iOS or Mpc killer maybe should wait a bit until bugs are fixed and tools improved. Almost I will give it a few tries when BM2 was a total nono for me. Bought it for a friend (family sharing) and use it once, nevermore.

Let's hope BM3 qualifies itself to be in my pole...

Guest petesasqwax

Ha - I downloaded it as soon as it was available but haven't had chance to even open it up yet as I got caught up doing things before it'd even finished downloading! I'm massively excited about it, though.

• Like 1

I love it! spent a few hours with it last night. I won't be needing to buy the MPC Live now. Going to throw a load of samples into it tonight. Chopping up samples is 1000x times better than BM2.

On a few forums there's people moaning as they were expecting it to be a Live / Maschine killer......... for 20 quid.

Need to get a few AU's to try with it now

• Like 1

I love it! spent a few hours with it last night. I won't be needing to buy the MPC Live now. Going to throw a load of samples into it tonight. Chopping up samples is 1000x times better than BM2.

On a few forums there's people moaning as they were expecting it to be a Live / Maschine killer......... for 20 quid.

Need to get a few AU's to try with it now

It is and MPC live/Maschine killer, it just isnt finished yet ;)

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Yeah, Mike - a lot of people were pissed off about that as they felt Intua hadn't made it clear that it was initially iPad only. iPhone versions are coming, though, but I'm not sure how far off they are.

Dan - that's exactly what I wanted. I don't need to replace a DAW, I need something I can chop, layer, sequence and process samples with. For £20, that seems like a tall order anyway, but BM3 totally seems like it delivers

• Like 1