What gear are you lusting after?

Dan

A cello.(possibly).. :d

I went to the same store again and it was back on sale at £62.50 so this time I asked the sales guy to take it off the wall and I had a play with it for a few minutes using the bow on the strings and stuff.

Its a nice instrument for sure and it was pretty cool trying it out and I managed to get a half decent sound out of it but I still didn't buy it even though (A) I kind of quite fancy the idea of owning a cello for some odd reason and its a proper bargain and (B)I could possibly force my youngest to become a famous child prodigy on it so me and his mother can have the house in the countryside we so rightfully deserve.

Maybe I'll nip down at the weekend and offer them £50 cash for it then..

• Like 2

£62.50 for a cello ??!.

I meant to include this in my previous post but at the moment I'm far too busy listening to Julian Lloyd Webber albums to edit it properly.. :p

Guest petesasqwax

It's not very exciting, but I probably ought to prioritise an 8 ins soundcard...

That said, I'm looking at the £300 range at least there are SO many more exciting things to spend that £300 on... Things with CV capabilities, for example... Things like the EHX 8-Step Program!

Since I now have taken possession of my wife's iPad, there are masses of things I want to use that for so that's scratching a load of itches at present. I need to grab the first iRig MIDI (i.e. the 30 pin one) which Maplin seem to have for £40 so I'll probably grab that at the weekend. I'm trying to put a band-aid on my soundcard issues by attaching an A-D converter to my SPDIF-in which will mean I can connect my 05 pro to it and hijack a few inputs from that sucker. I'm wondering whether I could, in theory, use the left and right of the SPDIF as individual mono channels, too, but I have no idea about such things so I'll just suck it and see. I'm guessing I should, in theory, be able to do it if I have the crossfader in the middle and the two channels each hard-panned left and right on the 05 before I send them out the back and into the SPDIF... maybe?

Pete probably my best ever music purchase has been the rme fireface ucx - soundcards are the most boring thing you can buy but this thing is tits! It's absolutely rock solid and can do an incredible amount of routing and stay rock solid at low latency, stuff that only people with silly setups like me need but makes a massive difference. It's also got the best outputs I've ever had on a soundcard, up there with my Allen and Heath desk in terms of driving my monitors and headphones. I don't see myself ever upgrading from it really, and I think I've used more than 900 quids worth of soundcards searching for incremental improvements in the past 20 years absolutely no problem. It's the boring but sensible but in the really nerdy way quite exciting choice!

Oh and it's fully standalone iPad compatible too!

• Like 3

Guest petesasqwax

Oh, man - RME interfaces are INSANELY good, but I just don't have the money for one right now and can't see that changing any time soon. Hehe - honestly, if I had a grand to spend on a soundcard... I wouldn't trust myself not to spend it on another Moog or something similar :d

• Like 2

Aye that's fair enough, didn't mean to rub it in 😇 I very nearly did the same before buying mine but I'm glad I didn't!

In other news I've just dreamed I was vacuuming hair off a very hairy person then went naked swimming.

Guest petesasqwax

In other news I've just dreamed I was vacuuming hair off a very hairy person then went naked swimming.

I'm holding RME entirely responsible for this!

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

I don't have any euro rack but I REALLY want one of these, I have some max for live devices that do the same thing but it's not the same

Hehe - is it still Eurorack if it's in cardboard boxes? Eurobox, maybe?

£62.50 for a cello ??!.

My missus went into the place a few days ago with the intention of buying it for me.

It had finally been sold on the weekend when I couldn't get down to the store.

For £27.00.!

I'm a dick for not buying it when I had the chance too, basically.. :|

• 2 months later...

Another SP 404.

I want to have two machines to run at once for doing my stuff live like I did several years ago when I owned two SP 808's

Hehe- back then I had 32 pads to play with on the 808's but 24 would be sufficient now I guess.. :((

I used Alecs SP 404 SX last weekend along with my sampler to record my new track and I had a blast working that way as I'd sort of forgotten how much more fun you can have and how easier it is to compose tracks with more than one sampler.

The 404-SX is a nice machine,it's definitely cleaner sounding than the O.G. model but you can still filth it up if needed..one thing it doesn't have though is the 'Vinyl Sim' effect like the O.G...well it does but they've changed the new version of it for some reason and it doesn't sound as good now which puts me off the SX somewhat as its one of the FX I tend to use for drums mostly because it adds a lot of weight and crunch to the sound of them.

So yeah,having another original 404 would be really nice.

• Like 1

BeatMaker3 (15 July) with Push2? Even the dev is wondering the possibility to add native support to it (and its screens)...

Stop. my penis can only get so erect!

FLOL Dan.. :p

BM3 and Push2 little offtopic

Raspi with Push2 new open API

https://youtu.be/9HuNeQQoEmM

https://github.com/Ableton/push2-display-with-juce

In this page Mathieu (Intua) shows interest... (scroll down a bit)

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/19374/beatmaker-3-july-15th/p8

Also about gear lust the new Roli Seaboard Block...

https://roli.com/products/blocks/seaboard-block

https://youtu.be/xK-uJhuLtDc

Got an Sp808 again, need to pick up a flash drive for it, but for some reason i have a serious gas on for both an MPC1000 and MPC2500 right now lol

I would live to think BM3 would stop that gas next month, but it wont, i want everything ever made that samples lol

• Like 2

Got an Sp808 again, need to pick up a flash drive for it, but for some reason i have a serious gas on for both an MPC1000 and MPC2500 right now lol

I would live to think BM3 would stop that gas next month, but it wont, i want everything ever made that samples lol

I search everyday secondhand sp and other like volcas even I know I don't need them... but drugs, you know xDDDD
  • Like 1