Vestax PDX 2000 hum

Yo,

I just got my Vestax back off my mate but it now hums like a mofo. I'm a bit special when it comes to electronics, but I guess it's to do with the ground wire being loose? Any way, even if I knew that's the case I wouldn't have the skills to fix it any way. So, does any one know any one decent who can service Vestax turntables in or around London? Yaaaaaaa, thanks

i actually had the same issue a few weeks ago when i dug out my vestax that chilled for years in its package. it turned out i hadn't connected the ground wire to the mixer properly.
did you check wether your connection between mixer and turntable via your grind wire is okay?

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

got a multimeter? check between the ground pin and some of the metal parts of the tonearm, and also between the RCA jacks and the pins on the inside of the headshell connector.

• Like 1

got a multimeter? check between the ground pin and some of the metal parts of the tonearm, and also between the RCA jacks and the pins on the inside of the headshell connector.

I do not I'm afraid, guess I've never even tried to fix anything remotely electronic. Screwdfix sell one for 11 quid, would that just be a piece of shit you reckon or worth getting?

Guest rasteri

The should have a mode where it beeps if you touch the probes together, use that. touch one probe to the ground pin, and one to some of the metal parts of the tonearm.