What gear are you lusting after?

Dan

A vintage D'Angelico 'New Yorker' full hollowbodied acoustic guitar

Steinway Grand Piano

1950's Slingerland 'Radio King' Drum kit

Chapman Stick

Some castanets

Freddie Hubbard's old Trumpet (made by Calichio & Sons)

On a slightly more serious note I've seen a 3/4 sized cello in a store that just cant seem to sell it..every time I go in there its got a different price tag on the instrument, it started off at £200 and has fluctuated wildly in price ever since..at one point they had a sale on where it was £62.50 and they still couldn't sell it.

£62.50 for a cello ??!.

I keep telling myself to go in there and offer them £75 for it..in fact I've even had a dream where I've been and bought it (imagine my disappointment when I woke up and found out it wasn't there )..although fuck knows what I'd do with it if I actually went out and got it.... :d

Guest petesasqwax

fuck knows what I'd do with it if I actually went out and got it.... :d

Sample it! :d

I just acquired an iPad 3 with a view to playing around with iMPC Pro. As a result I quite fancy an MPC Fly, but they don't seem to be the easiest things to come by, particularly if you don't want to pay over the odds.

fuck knows what I'd do with it if I actually went out and got it.... :d

Sample it! :d

I just acquired an iPad 3 with a view to playing around with iMPC Pro. As a result I quite fancy an MPC Fly, but they don't seem to be the easiest things to come by, particularly if you don't want to pay over the odds.

Don't do it mate.

ive heard lots of complaints about the MPC Fly regarding the pad triggering and overall flimsy build quality of the unit.

From what I've read and seen in reviews the thing wobbles like jelly when you use it with the screen up because the hinges are weak as piss and apparently the pads don't line up properly with the corresponding pads on the screen in beatmaking mode and you also have to hit the pads much harder than you would on any of the hardware MPC's due to its overall lack of touch sensitivity.

The MPC Fly is post InMusic Akai at its absolute worst by all accounts unfortunately.

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Ah, shit - what a totally massive missed opportunity! Sometimes that company is the epitome of "you had ONE fucking job and you STILL fucked it up!"

• Like 1

I've also always wanted a Audio Innovate mixer (the second one). The Push 2, Livid Instruments controller, LinnStrument, or a Monome. In particular I like how the Monome can do that step visualization and triggering on the fly... there's probably some name for it... I've talked to people about doing it on my ACP but it's not really the same.

I want a Roland TR-808 badly...but I don't want to waste that amount of money

I want 2 CDJ with a decent mixer, so that I can mix with my cds, just as I can mix with my records

I want one of these sexy Jomox drummachines

• Like 1

I need another sampler that I can use alongside the sp404.

as dope as that little bad boy is-it does have a few shortcomings like not enough pads at times and a lack of ultra fine tuning etc.

I'm seriously thinking of what benefits the sp-606 could add to my admittedly pretty simple set up so i've been reading up on what those particular units are capable of and tbh I think it would suit my needs perfectly.

I've also finally, reluctantly caved in to a somewhat attempt at updating my old school production methods and have a new laptop on the way which should be arriving shortly and i'm going to work towards learning to use Abelton properly along with my 'live' approach of how I record my stuff.

• Like 2

When I come over I can show you how I use Ableton if that would help at all, mate?

Oh yeah mate !

If yourself and Alecs who's also offered his expertise can show me how to get the basics of Ableton understood and in use that would be awesome.

When I'm finally set up with it i'll be hollerin' at you for sure. :d

• Like 1

Thanks Flexi..yeah its something I've also looked into briefly with the i-pad thing.

I need to learn how to master some new approaches for making music so i'll be trying out a few things over the coming months and will bear the i-pad route in mind absolutely .

I've never actually used an I-Pad for anything before so what are the best makes and models for music making applications ?

I've never actually used an I-Pad for anything before so what are the best makes and models for music making applications ?

I'm still using an iPad 4 and it's still working ok, a lot of apps are getting updated to 64bit tho, the older versions will still work, but you won't get new features / bug fixes. I think the first 64 bit one was the iPad Air. There are TONS of apps available, there's even a version of cubase.

• Like 1

There is new ipad around the corner a bit less powerfull than air2 but bang for buck better. Pete and ai were talking few days ago about it and iOS as "substitute for sampling looping". Take a look...

http://cdm.link/2017/03/329-ipad-looks-like-affordable-music-app-machine/

Maybe we could start a topic on that with Q&A (to keep this on topic) and also I recomend visit AudioBus forums Since these are a great source on "what's going on" about iOS production ;)

• Like 1

I don't think it's MLR but looks like it does exactly the same thing.

It was a monome maxmsp patch in the beggining shaped into "standalone" and compatible with grid controllers (aside monome) app.

https://youtu.be/cJwxbTKwONc

Meanwhile I opened the new post for anyone interested...

http://www.digitalvertigo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=39981

• Like 1