BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Goblin

DJ Rock Well

After two months of overused stuff, I've got to go back to the deep crates. I got this one last week and I reckon it's fair game.

A 1980 soundtrack to some low budget horror flick by the legendary Goblin. I'm pretty sure this will be totally unfamiliar to most if not all, which will make a change from the last two months. It's all over the place musically with plenty of different snippets to mine and a few tracks tap slightly into that 80s synth score, sci-fi type vibe that's hawt right now.

The wavs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k30q3eorox25f3q/goblin%20lp%20Samples.zip?dl=0

As usual, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style, medium or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be the end of Tuesday, October the 11th.

• Like 2

Alas- im out of this one im afraid as i wont have the time this month which is a shame as this looks like it would be a cool lp to sample from

i'll be back for the next one though :d - and look forward to hearing what everyone else comes up with from this challenge

i'll also DL the wavs for future reference and try to make something from them regardless and will post it up on the site at a later date if its any good..

#dissapointeddan

Ah fair play Dan, real life has to take priority sometimes

yes but why must MY family spoil MY fun ??

Why must wives want the wooden staircase sanding down and the walls of the house re-painted ,not to mention ordering a 6 tonne skip for me to fill with garden and household waste ???

Why must my youngest clever clogs son win a scholarship to drama school and be selected for the leads in both Romeo & Juliet and a production of Julius Ceaser in the same month and then have to be taken to rehearsals in the evenings ??

Why must they stop ME from entering DV Beat Battle Sample Challenges ???

Because they are selfish thats why.. :@@

(continues on page 235..... )

I am sooooo glad i never had any real interest in coupling !!!!

I haven't even had chance to send out Dans prize for last month yet (Next day or so, promises promises, shut up bitch, you are getting a free reamp too !!!! )

So haven't had chance to sort out a prize yet, will look see tonight, rest assured it will be just as poor as last months though hahaha

And while i am not entering again, i shall endeavour to smash the piss out of something quick in the next few hours ;)

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

On the D/L now and a very interesting pick Rocky, hopefully there will be some gems to flip even tho the film is a big pile of shite.

Yeah theres dope material on this lp to sample from and not only am i gutted not to be able to take part in this months battle cause i wont have enough time -ive now been informed this morning that my Mother- in -law is coming over next weekend from Spain for a fortnights visit

Fucking hurrah..! :@@ :@@

i'll be definitely using the wavs at some later date though..

• Like 1

Again, no voting for me please.

Had a couple hours this afternoon, so heres some glitch bollox, one added beat kit from my own library, all other beats and samples are from that fucking horrific film (Yeah the vocals i sampled are all in the first ten minutes of the film, i got fed up throwing up in my own mouth)

• Like 2

I like the Future Funk vibe of your track Flexi

Its got a touch of Aphex Twin and an 80s NY block party sound going on and in places it reminded me of a pinball machine for some odd reason ( this is a good thing btw)..cool stuff

PS.. that track 'The Limit' thats a bit further down on your Soundcloud thingy is wicked mate

I posted the entire album from 2000/01 that the limit is off, its all fucking horrid, but its up for posterity hahaha

I have no idea what Future Funk is, is that a thing is it hahaha, my mate is in to Glitchy shit, she's moving to brizzle, going away present and DV comp tune/two birds one of em is stoned or something the saying is ;)

Future Funk is just a hybrid of 70s & 80s Soul and Disco with Funky stylings with an emphasis on tempos you can dance to (120 bpm ish stuff) or sometimes slower

The majority of the examples of it that ive heard are mostly utter garbage but some of it is really good when its done properly

Your track fits into the latter category