Drill scratch, any tips?

MadAbbott

Curious if anyone taught themselves to do these? (think the official name is drills, correct me if wrong!) When you tense your arm to do stupidly fast babies on the record. I can do them on my fader (strong) hand without really ever trying to learn them but not with my record hand (weak hand), been trying a bit every day and not really getting any stronger or able to last more than a couple of seconds, just wonder if anyone had found a technique they could share or if its one of those things you either can or can't do!

I know Sy is a badman at these so will be curious for his suggestions! Something like Vazee's doing from 1:22 to finish here,

Guest Symatic

I do em with my weaker hand i guess, i use my middle finger (or "business finger") the most tense bit of it all is my hand i guess, im not trying to flex on my arm so much i think....

Theres definately some "pat your head and rub your belly" shit to learn if you wanna combine it with fader movements, which i find sound better when your fader hand is relaxed..

Ahh ok, that's interesting, I was really tensing my arm as I remember Q in a vid somewhere saying u " make your arm spasm", I'm glad you told me that before I probably do irreparable damage to my arm lol. Did you find u could just do them or took some work?