Good London repair shop?

GNOD

Can anyone recommend a decent London repair shop?

I was given a PMC 08 PRO and there is a serious bleed problem with channel 2 (tested with stock and known good Innofader)

I suspect it's something to do with the Curve / Cut PCB on the front..

I'm happy to pay a reasonable amount because the mixer was a freebie!

Edited by GNOD

An Aussie guy at work is going home in two weeks...

He didn't have time to sell it on Ebay, so offered it to me for £120. When we tested it, he said "just take it, it'll only go in the bin otherwise"

So, I just took it!

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

Yeah I'd be up for it but postage is likely to be a killer on something that heavy, best to investigate local places first maybe?

Guest petesasqwax

I used Collect Plus to send some shit out that was crazily expensive with Royal Mail and was pleasantly surprised by both the price and the service. Worth investigating, definitely

Yeah, I'd send it all the way to Scotland too...

I've only had experience of one London based one when they replaced the FX loop in my old 707. I had an extended warranty from the shop I bought it from, but when it came to claiming they said it was my fault it broke (don't think it was) so I had to pay for half the cost of the repair. My half was around a £100 :(

Guest petesasqwax

Man I really need to think about branching out into internet repairs/modding services.

Seriously mate, you absolutely should.

Think about how easily you could repair guitar pedals too, for example. You'd be inundated with work in no time (if you wanted to be)

Guest petesasqwax

I hear Boss SP-303s are worth more these days than the £30 (minus eBay fees) I got for mine with the broken left output channel.

WHA????