7 inch scratch / battle records

d00ban

Yo.

So what 7 inch battle records actually exist?

I know there was a 7 inch scratchy seal made but AFAIK that was a kick-starter backed project so I probably can't pick one up too easily (ebay maybe)

Also I think scratch science released one, is that right? They normally seem to go for the ultra-pitch route though which I won't be using as I'll be using it for my handytrax.

Any way, just wondering if there was anything else out there I should look into? Google isn't being too helpful on this occasion.

Thanks as always beys

I recall that I saw it online but the store doesn't have it in stock anymore. Maybe try this one if the shipping is not too expensive: http://turntablelab.com/products/qbert-baby-super-seal-vinyl-7

The only small Scratch Science record that I know is the 10" Pocket Edition but that one seems to be sold out, too. If you can find one, it could be alright though as one side is for ultra-pitch and the other one has the samples at a more normal pitch (like Cadence).

ok i hav the scratch science 7s.. its kinda like the regular scratch science but split over four sides… so one side is scratch science and one side is mac beer samples on both vinyl... id buy it watever yr guna use it on… as i think it gives yr cuts a different edge with the wax being so small and light..

http://www.thudrumble.com/product/short-rugs.html

check this out. Also get a pair of 7" butter rugs. However thudrumble need to sort out their non US postage costs.

I got that. Their US postage is just a fucked as their international.

Guest Symatic

yeah the scratch science 7 is dope, each disc has a skip proof side, with loops from Enter The Scratch Game but they are much thinner tracks so they could fit em all on. the other side is a whole-side sentence with all sorts of dope samples. kinda like an up-to-date version of hee-haw breaks i guess.

1 disc has ultrapitch (133bpm) other side has normal (99bpm)

shortkut put out something called Short Rugz on 7 that was beats and skip proofs and a pair of 7" slipmats, it's here:

http://www.discogs.com/Shortkut-Short-Rugs/release/6171559

I got a 7" dub cut too, which was well worth the £25. i got a custom tune on one side and a bunch of sounds on the other all set up for needle dropping and stuff.

Dub Studio:

http://www.dubstudio.co.uk/dubstudio/dubs

• Like 1

same happened to me last week. on the mixwell site wanted 2 tee's at 49 dollars for the 2, they wanted 119dollars postage, haha. great way to lose custom eh!!!

• Like 1

There's a lot of American companies who seem to be on a major paranoia tip at the moment when it comes to overseas postage. They are using premium courier services which include tracking and insurance and it's common practice to them to overvalue the goods so that they are covered for the insurance excess they lose and the inconvenience of claiming. It seems they don't want to lose a penny in lost goods, but are instead just losing customers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Guest Symatic

i get that they want to err on the side of caution, as did we with Cut & Paste, but that's some CRAZY prices....

they should at least offer the lower shipping price and just spell out that it's un insured....

or the postal services could, you know, not be shit

• Like 1

how is that possible?! i sent stuff to dirkles for a secret santa one year and it cos about £1.60

1) it's Thud Rumble and they know it

2) it's not the continental US. Hawaii. Everything is double or triple marked up

• 2 months later...