DV Prog Rock Sample Challenge - VOTE!

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Fayc
    • Symatic
    • Forayem

Just a cosy three way this month.

I had other stuff I had to get finished this month, but I'll be on next time. I know Joe Clockwork and Phology came close... if either of you do finish anything at a later date and fancy sharing, we'd all be interested to hear them :)

Fayc

https://soundcloud.com/faycbeats/progoglynot

Symatic

Forayem (Doob)

Voting closes at midnight next Monday

A new challenge will drop the next day (I'm on the ball this time ;) )

Guest Symatic

nice work dudes! fayc your beat was well nice but doobs had serious head nod factor. that source material was full of bits i wanted to use again but its all about just rolling with an idea once you get going :)

Went for Fayc, coz he got a nice beat going and scratching is easy ( :p).. Kind of hard to really hear the mix on Sy's from the recording though.

Agree there was tonnes of awesome samples on this one.

Dooban nailed it for me

I really liked the production on this mix as i mentioned before in the original thread

wicked use of the samples and the beat was the cherry on top

When i vote on these mixes i always try to pick the track i think would be worthy of a proper release regardless of whether they need more work on them or not

Sy and Fayc also brought some good stuff to the table with this challenge

You guys are a very talented bunch of heads and deserve props all round for these battles in my opinion

One of these days im gonna submit something and kick all of your asses though. :d

but in the meantime dont wuss out on the next one !

Damn! These are all dope. I really like those strings coming in at 1:00 on fayc's beat. The beat and chops are dope.

Sy would win if I was judging only on sample selection. That mellow loop is real nice!

But Doob get's the win in my opinion for arrangement, plus sick-ass drums, plus the on-pint filtering and overall coming off as hoard as fuck!

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Another really tight battle, you all deserve a vote in my opinion as you all brought the heat in this sample challenge. I enjoyed all 3 submissions and there wasn't much to separate them apart but my vote is going to Symatic. Just loving the trippy vibe, nice one :)