• craz
    • HiipFire
    • Vet
    • stoprocent100
    • cut man doo
    • iexist
    • dj justin time

Yea so the scratch scene is dead :rolleyes:

MASSIVE MASSIVE props to all 20 entrants, and a special mention to those who made their first post on DV a battle entry. :wub:

Also big shout out to kebzer for providing some truly dope beats!

Please review all the videos below and then vote for your favorite. You can only vote for one but if you were torn between a few please do let us know which other ones you think deserve a mention.

As a reminder, the winner will receive TWO prizes.

1 - An hour of pure uninterrupted sexual health advice from highly renowned expert in the field, and cunt EricUK

2 - A super-amazing-mega-special-top-secret dope prize from the mighty Cut & Paste Records - buy their stuff its super dope!

So grab some cheese strings, a bottle of fizzy pop and get ready to be entertained.....

Dubba Dutchdj

Symatic

Motek
SickMukmeN
AlexNozop
Gamb1
Keeper
rasteri
Professor
gouttefangeas
yuldj
DOKTOR RHEAL
djdisciple
craz
HiipFire
Vet
stoprocent100
cut man doo
iexist
dj justin time
Have fun and peace!
  • Like 4

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

In the spirit of fairness i shut my eyes, span round in my chair and then voted for the person i was randomly pointing at.

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Big shout out to everyone that entered, god damn this was super tight as I enjoyed them all but I went for rasteri "The Funky Technician" damn I'm loving that funky flow :8

Guest broke

It was between Sy and Vet for me. Then I re-watched them both and realised Sy basically takes out the whole comp in the first 16 bars.

Some seriously good cutting from everyone who entered this battle so much so that it almost seems unfair to just pick one winner

My vote goes to Vet

Guest Symatic

Dammmn really hard to pick one.

I went for yul cos he cane through real clean, but i also could have just as easily voted for Vet, Rheal, Dubba, CutManDoo.... Damn pretty much everyone

Special shout to justin for the most gangsterous vid and the faderless dont give a fuck eat your chips cuts!

• Like 1

holy moley.

so many entries and a lot of good videos!

I hope everyone will hang around after the comp and continue to post as this is the NUMERO UNO scratch community :)

• Like 2

I've gone for Dubba as I thought he incorporated a lot of different techniques into the 1m30... there are so many uber technical cutters in this one it's been really impressive but I've always found getting the variety without mistakes is the one of the hardest things imo

Also agree would've been good to have more than one vote or a 1,2,3 vote as too many great vids! (Sy & Alex Nozop prob my 2 & 3) Don't know how easy that is to incorporate tho...

• Like 1

Peace to all contestants out there! I'm more than honored that my looper was selected. Nevertheless though, shouts also to SPARKY T for sourcing those beats (I did the programming, mastering & artwork).

• Like 1

Cut man doo and yuldj technique fry's my mind, crazy good. But for me - both Vet and Sy had the strongest overall flow, Im a sucka for vocal cuts which jus tipped my vote for Sy, his signature pitching adds that extra dash of musicality, a deadly adversary in any battle.

Every single entry was strong imo, feeling proper man love for Justins vid, superbly executed cool as funk. Sic intro and the drop into the beat and cuts was wicked funky, a bit of a switch up from the ah cuts at the end and it definitely would of challenged my final choice.

Cheers dub. I was planning to do a scratchafon style entry with all the cuts and combos I know but I kept getting stressed out so I whent with a general idea to the vid

1 do some lazy arse cuts on the right deck whilst not paying attention

2 eat a chip butty and put some spice on ( I was going to use a yoshi sample from a you tube tutorial saying "spice it up" as well which I binned incase he didn't approve) I was even thinking of spinning up behind the decks table with our lasses wig done in a ponytail

3 come with a ton of bad ass cuts on the left deck

With spice power.

In the end I binned half my plans which included some phrasing and some stabs trannys etc and just freestyled the cuts.

I realised after watching it that most peeps who watch it might actually think I cut like that for real and turn it of after ten seconds. Then I thought shit all the other competitors have laid down dope skills and mine is a bit parlour trick show pony shit. But I watched veks interview with Jon other night and they said they get stressed out when recording and I was mega stressed so I thought fuck it I'm just gonna have fun with it.

My next vid expect laggy bands a pool cue and a Roy chubby brown hat💥

• Like 3