BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - 70s Italian Cop Movie

DJ Rock Well

This wasn't the record I was gonna do, but I picked this up a couple of weeks back and when I gave it a proper listen today, it seemed pretty good for a few different samples. Plus, it's a bit of any obscure LP that will probably be (mostly) new to people.

So, continuing the long running theme of 'digging for samples cliches' here's a 70s Italian Cop movie soundtrack by Guido & Maurizio De Angelis. It's a 1974 Italian film and no doubt has an Italian title too, but the soundtrack was issued in France so here it's called La Police Au Service Du Citoyen.

Like previous records there are some shit songs, buffered by some good intros and outros, interludes with nice instrumentation and even a drum break.

Here's the wavs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0p5ifvcif6hp3xc/la%20police%20au%20service%20du%20citoyen.zip?dl=0

As ever, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audio files provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be Monday, April the 25th. After that we'll have public vote for a week and then Doob and Fayc will have an argument for a further week after that.

• Like 8

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Nice one Rock Well, on the D/L now and super stoked to see what happens and what direction I go for this battle :8

• Like 2

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Oooo, this is a poliziottescho film i ain't seen. I think it came out in 73 if memory serves me, needless pedantry fan. Cheers for the dl dude.

The De Angelis' are sick. You should do the soundtrack to Street Law, it's so good. They did the theme tune to Dogtanian and the 3 Muskehounds fact fans.

• Like 1

Just to add...

I wasn't arguing with Dooban. He just couldn't deal with losing.

What the battle or sausage fest of a mud wrestling match you had?

Bam! Props to Rockwell for making this happen. I here give you my first arranged track ever!!!! I fiddled the whole thing up in GB and learnt me lots of great shit while doing it. I think it's safe to say I'm gonna be fucking hooked on the Beat Battle challenge.

• Like 3

Nice One Darcyd! Will check it out later mate

Come on Dan, get your SP fixed ;)

• Like 1

Im working on it I promise lol..& ive actually spoken to Roland this morning about finding an approved repair guy whos local to me as its not under warranty anymore ,so fingers crossed ill get it sorted as I would love to get into these battles myself tbh

Guest petesasqwax

Since I've been shafted by eBay fuckers and still have no means of recording instruments, I might end up giving this fucker a go this evening after all :)

Dope to see Darcy getting involved & big ups to Sy for spreading the word!

• Like 3

looking forward to joining in on this after talking to Sy about it at CSG & after hearing Darcy's dope beat!

Thats cool,@ nytbloomer.. we need more people to participate in these battles ,personally speaking I think its the best thread on DV..looking forward to hearing your mix dude

Nytbloomer - good to have you here, welcome! I remember your set from the BBQ well. Nice one too Si for spreading the word.

Pete - every time you think you've got out, they pull you back in (or whatever that movie quote was). Yes, I definitely think you should throw down this month... Everything has been sounding 300% cleaner without you, we need increase our dirt levels!

Darcy - really dope mate, I like it a lot. I've been watching some of your recent turntable experiments thinking that they'd make great recorded tracks and this more than confirms that. Apart from just a bit of fun, the aim of these little battles is as much about us all improving our skills, sharing knowledge and inspiration and just an excuse to get on with something as it is about really 'battling'. (Except for Doob vs Fayc, that's a straight up grudge match!)

• Like 3

looking forward to joining in on this after talking to Sy about it at CSG & after hearing Darcy's dope beat!

Alright, dude! Sweet, i really enjoyed cutting over your beats at Ed's last year.

Top work, too, Darc-miester!

• Like 1

Yeaah, dude, i've been good, i hope you are cool too and have been making tons of beats. You're always welcome round our way.

Yeaah, dude, i've been good, i hope you are cool too and have been making tons of beats. You're always welcome round our way.

Come on Phil and put something up for the battle ,..if youre already making beats anyway. :d

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my beat (if someone can sort out the player embed please+thank you!)

• Like 5

Nice one Phology, I can't check it out till later but I look forwards to it as always.

After a semi productive weekend, I reckon I will be in this month... I've been been working on finishing/tidying up some looper beats this month and thought it wasn't gonna happen, but then I got sucked into this on Saturday and now I've got an idea I've got to try and get finished.

• Like 2