BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Greek Psyche Out

DJ Rock Well

Yep, agreed mate. You can throw yours into that equation too, really good IMO. I've been really impressed with standards across the board since we've been doing these flips. I just love the surprise of hearing what everybody does from the same limited source material.

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Thanks for the kind words Rock Well, hopefully will get it re-edited and finished at some point in the future. I agree with you about the standards on the beat battles, it's good to see everyone's own character and creativity coming out in there sample flips.

Lol Dooban is waiting for a Greek bailout.

Listening back to your mixes again tonight fellas ,turned up nice and loud cause the wifes gone out..hehe.. Joe.. your track is very cool and so well constructed and I swear it could work as a total dope ass

remix of the stranglers "nice and sleazy "..im almost tempted to try a mashup of both tunes to see if it works ..Fayc,thats a monster youve created there man ,super tight and clever as fuck..definatley keep devolping it and it will be something special I guarantee you...Rock,or should I call you "Godfather" from now on? I was expecting either the mafia to turn up on my doorstep

or the mc"s from N Y Confidential asking for their missing dubplate back!..its nails mate, hard as...and Psych giving it all a tasty,nasty twist with the DnB vibes like Grooverider or Adam F.. seriously tight dude..like I said its going to be hard to

choose the winner of this battle so im glad ive got a week to decide on one

• Like 2

Ha! Typical!

The bit I used totally wasn't what I planned, I wanted to make something out of the first track on the second side with the distorted guitars. But then I thought about how I could make a good scratch loop from the acoustic guitar part of the track we both used for my next looper (I needed a couple of slow beats to finish it). Once I'd done that, I kept thinking of ways to extend it so I just went with it in the end.

I'll get the vote up later on tonight

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Jesus H motherfucking Christ as if it wasn't difficult enough to make a choice who to vote for, along comes d00ban and hits us with another dope beat. Stellar work there doob.

Edited by Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Yo, bouncing the file now. I couldn't sort the CPU issues so I can't do the vocal chops I wanted to do. and the mix is pretty crummy

I figured out the issue with my computer! It wasn't ableton at all. A load of shite had got stuck in my fan causing the CPU to get too hot. Managed to dig it out and now every thing is working as normal!