BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - Greek Psyche Out

DJ Rock Well

It's all Greek to me, literally - when I got this record I couldn't read anything it said on it, so I took a chance on it.

It's actually a repress of a rare Greek psyche/prog album from '75, by Ilias Asvestopoulos & 2002 called 'O Siderenios Anthrapos (The Iron Man)'.

It's full of terrible songs, but ignore them and head for the intros, outros and breakdowns and there's some nice instrumentation, some nasty guitars and even a two bar open drum break and some manic laughter!

Here's a link to the wavs...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vt9eol5lq2vz2oz/greeksamples.zip?dl=0

As before, the only rule is that you have to sample at least one sound from the audiofiles provided above. You can add any other sounds, samples, instruments, cuts, vocals, etc. The final result can be any style or genre you like.

Post up your entries in the comments of this thread.

Deadline for entries will be Monday, March 21st. After that we'll have public vote for a week.

• Like 4

You have my attention now! These are obscure private pressings from the 70s, driven by folks like Vangelis & Demi Roussos (both formerly know as Aphrodite's Child). Usually these recordings were done in London studios and occasionally in shitty Greek studios.

I'll give it a try myself!

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Hahaha...well this is gonna be interesting that's for sure ...cant wait to hear what you guys will come up with from this challenge

Reckon you should join in Dan ;)

Id love too psych mate but I just aint got the setup to do it justice at the moment ..I own a busted up Roland Sp 808 ex sampler and 5 acoustic guitars in various stages of playability lol

That's a shame Dan about the SP 808 mate, if you lived closer I would of loaned you my MPC 1k for the battle.

• Like 1

Yeah I know that feeling Rock Well, stumbled on a dope little rock bit that I looped :8 Trouble is it isn't going to fit in with the rest of the track :unsure:

This is bugging me now! :-)

I need to know What the hell is sizzurp ?

Is it something you posh southern birds drink ?

The misuse of codeine based cough syrup, jazzed up with a few other things - big in southern states of US, especially in Houston where the Chopped and Screwed mixtape style was born as the soundtrack to the drug (AFAIK at least)... If only we knew a tame Texan who could give us the real chapter and verse on this :wub:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Screw

• Like 1

Im actually upset that I can't get in on this one...

I just listened to the tracks, and fuck me i'd have a lot of fun with that.

You may not make the vote, but why not make something at a later date anyway? If it's got you inspired, you should definitely do something with it.

• Like 2