dj-chile.com

chile

Nice site chile!

A thought:

Are you expecting a lot of comments/feedback? If not then I'd probably ditch that feature to eliminate clutter, prevent annoying spam and to avoid having things pop up saying "this has no comments" to make it look like your site has no visitors.

Regarding spam, I would strongly recommend installing this: -

http://akismet.com/

It's donationware, so you can either use it for free or you can pay whatever you feel it's worth. It works great. It's blocked 881 spam comments on my blog so far including 340 just in December. The spambots look for Wordpress sites and comment automatically, so without something like that you'll soon start getting a bunch of spam daily. Over time it'll go up too as more spambots find your site.

cheers guys. yeah the calander is more of a placeholder. im gonna try a cloud tag widget now in its place. i do actually wanna get rid of the comments thing but i dont know how to do it. ive tried to untick an option for allowing comments in the general settings but it didnt effect things. nice one steve i seen that akismet program in the plugins section but hadnt activated it, giving it a go now.

• 5 months later...