Steve, how do you like BlueHost?

JHouse

I'm seriously considering their hosting services for my website clients, namely 'cause DV loads super fast and has minimal, if any issues, etc.

So, got some questions for you buddy:

Are you happy with them?

How is their support?

Have you seen any loading problems?

How long have you been with them?

Do they have annoying ads/popups in the cPanel section?

I just moved hosts, but I'm getting periodic 500 Server Error notices when loading client sites sometimes, plus some of my emails aren't coming through. That said, contemplating a switch to something solid. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks blood.

It hasn't always been plain sailing with Bluehost, but for quite some time now I've been happy with the service. It's been a long time since DV had issues with downtime or noticeably slow loading that didn't clear up rather quickly.

I haven't had a reason to contact support for a good while, but when I have they've always responded quickly. I have felt like they were passing the buck sometimes, insisting that a problem didn't lie with them when it seemed clear that it did.

The only issue I have with the site now is that Bluehost limit the rate at which we can send email, which is not uncommon for web hosts, but it's a bit of a pain still. I believe at one point we were limited to sending 50 emails per hour max, so if I sent out a mass email to all site members I'd have set a really slow send rate and it would take many hours to complete. I think the basic limit is now 150 per hour, but they will raise that a bit more if you contact them about it.

I think we've been with them for about 10 years. Perhaps a bit more. I've not noticed any annoying ads nor pop-ups in the cPanel section.

The hosting is cheap, but based on the performance in the last few years - while bearing in mind that DV doesn't have a huge number of active users! - I'd recommend giving them a try.

Word man, thanks for the extensive write-up...just the information I needed to hear.

My only crit with them, thus far, is they don't accept support tickets anymore, it's all through Chat or Phone. I tried waiting for them via a chat session, but after an hour, nothing. Still though, I'm inclined given the DV site loads ridiculously fast, which is my main concern.

Peace.