BEAT BATTLE: SAMPLE CHALLENGE - A fucking CD!

DJ Rock Well

Doob - we'll wait!

Broma - are you sure you don't want to up it anyway? I did one I disliked once, so I just uploaded to a fresh anonymous Soundcloud account and made MANY excuses :d

Ahh, this brings back those golden memories of the man and the myth, the one and only Gerald Cock and the fabulousness that was 'Gerry's Theme'. :d

Broma - are you sure you don't want to up it anyway? I did one I disliked once, so I just uploaded to a fresh anonymous Soundcloud account and made MANY excuses :d

Ah man, it's far from being done and I tried to do something with it today but it's just driving me mad! Next time...

• Like 2

Bashed out live on two SP-404's .

It's a bit scuzzy sounding, like an old tape you'd find in a drawer, but it's straight,no chaser with strictly no overdubs.

Special thanks to King Alloy and his portable musical biscuit tin..

• Like 2

Must admit, I'm struggling with this one... I thought it was gonna be easy. A soul CD, must be some obviously cool stuff in there right?!

Hehe- That's the problem with The Delfonics, they are a pretty cool band but every track they've ever recorded sounds exactly the same as any of their other songs .

I was also struggling with this album myself tbh, so i just sampled one or two notes then chopped, filtered and pitched them in with a vocal sample from a different Soul record .

Phonetic - no problem! I'm gonna need tonight to - I've finished a beat but just need to sort the mix out a bit.

I know what you mean about the samples making you work hard for this one. For me, it's mostly that there's lots of good samples... if it was the early ninties and all sampling meant to most was hip hop drums over a straight loop! I didn't go as far as Dan possibly, but I still chopped out notes, repitched, applied effects, the odd reversed sound, etc.

Doob - we'll wait!

Ahh, this brings back those golden memories of the man and the myth, the one and only Gerald Cock and the fabulousness that was 'Gerry's Theme'. :d

I had to use the old DV post to even find it again... 59 listens and 2 whole likes apparently, madness! :((

• Like 1

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

I know what you mean about the samples making you work hard for this one. For me, it's mostly that there's lots of good samples... if it was the early ninties and all sampling meant to most was hip hop drums over a straight loop! I didn't go as far as Dan possibly, but I still chopped out notes, repitched, applied effects, the odd reversed sound, etc.

The samples are definitely there, I will probably go back and chop some more up for future beats. Nah wasn't in the mood to chop it to oblivion like Mr Swift, so I took the lazy 90s route on this one mate, NDC and Grid Edit mode with a 2 hour time limit :d

Doob - we'll wait!

I had to use the old DV post to even find it again... 59 listens and 2 whole likes apparently, madness! :((

Bloody hell Dan, fancy bring this cock back up :(( More cheese then a gory hole :(( Only joking I'm pretty sure I voted for Gerald only because one of his contacts threaten me :(( Get it remix Rocky and get some mumble rap on it and viola #bagsofswag #winner #pizza4life :d

Dope entries by Wax On, Mr Swift and Rocky :8

• Like 2

Bashed out live on two SP-404's .

It's a bit scuzzy sounding, like an old tape you'd find in a drawer, but it's straight,no chaser with strictly no overdubs.

Special thanks to King Alloy and his portable musical biscuit tin..

This is f'kin dope. Big ups Dan

• Like 1