New member restrictions (read this if you've just signed up or don't have many posts)

Steve

Due to certain undesirables trying to sign up to DV (spambots mainly, but also a couple of persistent tits who are banned and can't accept that), I have severely limited what a new member can do.

If you're a new member, when you hit X number of posts, you're automatically promoted from the "new member" group to "member" and the majority of the restrictions are lifted. That not only stops the forum from being spammed, it helps protect existing members from receiving unwanted PMs and having their email addresses harvested from their profiles (assuming they've chosen to make them public).

If you're in the "new member" group and your account is restricted but I know who you are, feel free to comment in this thread and I'll manually promote you to a higher member group without you having to make a bunch of posts first. In some cases, I will do this without you needing to ask if I know who you are. I don't want this to be an inconvenience to good folks who join DV, but unfortunately there's no other way for me to handle this.

• Like 4

• 5 years later...

Hey, welcome to the forum man.

Since I started this thread, I changed the number of posts needed to go from "new member" to "member" to just 1, so you should be good to go after making that post. If you have any problems, let me know.

Hey, welcome to the forum man.

Since I started this thread, I changed the number of posts needed to go from "new member" to "member" to just 1, so you should be good to go after making that post. If you have any problems, let me know.

• Like 2

Hello scratchy friends!

I'm trying to not become one of your DJs but it doesn't seem to be working i'm afraid..

Can somebody who's a mod here please help?

• Like 1