2016 DMC US Finals

djmikec

Updates from the States:

It is with deep embarrassment that we have to announce a major mistake in the calculation of this year's judging votes.

As you may know, DMC gives 3 points for each No1 vote, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd. Unfortunately in the heat of battle our team added points the opposite way round.

This meant that the actual winner (TRAPS) came third whilst placed (PERLY) appeared to be the winner, but actually took second.

We have no excuse, just a very big apology to all concerned especially PERLY who will be devastated (as are we).

In light of the mistake we will allow Perly straight through to the USA 2017 Finals without having to win through at a heat.

Meanwhile our congratulations and good wishes go with TRAPS who will join us in London for the DMC WORLD FINALS.

1st - Travis Traps Carter: 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 20
2nd - DJ Perly: 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 14
3rd - SpareChange: 2 + 3 + 2 + 1 +1 = 9
4th - Ease: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
4th - As One: 1 + 2 + 2 = 5
5th - Jaycee: 3 + 1 = 4
6th: Toltech: 3
7th - Etcha Skratch - 2
7th: Ambidecktriks - 2
8th: Shmeeze 1 + 1 = 2

Oh shit, I was just reading the fallout on FB.

Such a rubbish situation for all involved - obviously for Perly having been awarded the win and given a night to enjoy it before it's whipped away, but also for Traps to have all this going on around his legitimate win. I hope it doesn't sour it for him, he's Dj I've rated for a while and it's good to see him get this.

It sucks still for Traps because he didn't get to have his night of everyone congratulating him.

Oh shit, I was just reading the fallout on FB.

Such a rubbish situation for all involved - obviously for Perly having been awarded the win and given a night to enjoy it before it's whipped away, but also for Traps to have all this going on around his legitimate win. I hope it doesn't sour it for him, he's Dj I've rated for a while and it's good to see him get this.

Guest rasteri

Man...... That's really fucking horrible for all involved. I guess blame goes to DMC but that really must have been a heart-sinking moment when they realised their fuckup.

Mmmmm so he is first, that means 1 point right? OK that makes sense. 1st = 1, 2nd = 2. Now add them up. Mmmmm. Lowest score is best because.... first is 1 which is low. Hang on that doesn't sound right. Lemme check.

Uh oh.

Lol yeah it sounds like that is what happened.

Mmmmm so he is first, that means 1 point right? OK that makes sense. 1st = 1, 2nd = 2. Now add them up. Mmmmm. Lowest score is best because.... first is 1 which is low. Hang on that doesn't sound right. Lemme check.
Uh oh.

Kuttin' Kandi describes herself as a "womxn of color", because.....

X is to be inclusive for folx who identify as gender non-conforming & non-binary people. Many use Latinx, Filipinx, womxn, folx

Sounds like a load of fucking bollox to me. I wonder if she thinks the moon is man-made, sorry, persxn-made.

• Like 1

I haven't decided yet if I should feel bad for Perly, Traps or Kuttin' Kandi for writing a WHOLE FUCKING ESSAY about the "historic" win of Perly...

Post the Kandi essay. I didn't see it.

• Like 1