Nintendo unveil their new hybrid handheld/console, Nintendo Switch

Steve

Holy shit. I am torn between buying it now and waiting a bit. My brain says wait until next Black Friday but 50/50 chance I buy one before noon.

Holy shit. I am torn between buying it now and waiting a bit. My brain says wait until next Black Friday but 50/50 chance I buy one before noon.

I don't think you can find them. I got my preorder today but somehow ordered Zelda for the effing Wii U. Luckily I was able to track down Zelda for the switch at Best Buy but they said they only got 10 consoles to sell on the floor and they sold immediately.

• 2 months later...

Christmas came early, the wife delivered a Switch father's day gift early so I could play it in peace next week. Though I've clearly ground down her self worth and confidence - she didn't get any games with it, as she was worried she might get the wrong game!

As some clues, I've recently been playing Zelda on the NES classic mini. I bought a Wii just to play Zelda Skyward Sword. I have a limited edition Zelda 3DS.

I know there's a huge choice of amazing games on the Switch, but I thought she might have sussed the new Zelda game could have been a solid choice.

Well my first 5 minutes wasn't amazing as the game fucking crashed! Consoles crashing, whatever next. The next hour has been rather delightful. I'm wondering whether I can get away with playing Zelda sneakily at work.