LinkSnappy

Steve

This is a useful site if you regularly download files from hosting sites such as MegaUpload, Fileserve etc.

What you do is sign up and buy a premium account, as you would with other sites, except LinkSnappy allows you to download from over 20 other file hosting sites through LinkSnappy itself, so you can download files from those 20 sites as if you had premium accounts on each of them. It works with JDownloader too, although you need to use the nightly build of the program, not the regular version. There's info on how to do that and a link to the nightly build in the LinkSnappy FAQ on the site.

Here's a download I just did through MegaUpload: -

Clipboard01.jpg

The speed maxed out my connection.

I've only just started using it and there are a few negative reviews out there on forums (mostly about getting no response from the customer service), but so far it seems to work as advertised. I've downloaded files from 2 or 3 different file hosting sites and maxed out my connection each time (when using it via JDownloader).

If you want to try it out, you can sign up for a 1 week premium account just to test it, which costs £1.99.

http://www.linksnapp...ex.php?ref=6809

That link is a referral link, so I earn credits if you sign up using it (just to be totally open about this stuff).

Did you try this mate? My account was due to expire last night, but I fired up JDownloader today and under Settings it says "Unlimited" for the expiry date of the account and it's still working. Strange, but I'm not going to complain about that, haha!

It's worked well for me overall. The only issue I had is when I tried to download about 40 files at once (some old Mike Allen radio shows). Some of them either wouldn't start or they just stopped and I had to start them over. Other than that, it's worked as advertised.

• 2 weeks later...

it was crap for me to be honest, no faster than the free service the hosts provide... wupload gives me good download speeds and not many hoops to jump through i find, and if you're to buy one i guess filesonic is my choice.

Were you using it with JDownloader though? That makes all the difference!

Clipboard02.jpg

The "(10/10)" next to the download speed means that 10 connections to the server have been made, but if you use the LinkSnappy direct links via the website you're only getting 1 connection. I'm getting 2.29 MB/s from MegaUpload in that pic, which is 18.32 Mb/s and very close to maxing out my connection. I get that with all the hosts I've tried when using JDownloader.

Do they?

What do you have the max connections per file and max downloads set to (bottom right of the main JDownloader window)?

If you've got the settings the same as me, then I'm sorry it's not working out for you mate! I use it mainly with Filesonic, FileServe and Wupload and I get max speed every time. I've also used Rapidshare and MegaUpload links and got max speed too. The only time I've had a problem is the first week I used it when links would occasionally stop downloading and I'd have to restart them, but that hasn't happened since.

• 7 months later...

1. I don't really know mate, as I only use these sorts of links if I can't find something on Usenet.

2. It does work with JDownloader, but you have to use a separate link converter application that you can download from their site. You paste the host links into that and they're converted for use with JDownloader. They also have a downloader of their own, although I haven't tried it yet and they have a plug-in if you use Firefox (which I also haven't tried). You can also just log into their site and paste in a link and hit a download button for a direct download in your browser.

What I like about Zevera is that you can either pay for an account that expires after a certain amount of time, or you can pay for an account that gives you X number of GB but has no time limit, so as I don't need to use it that often I went for the latter.

As always with these things though, YMMV, so don't blame me if it all goes tits up after you buy an account. :p

I just checked their site again and they also have a browser plug-in for Chrome. The plug-ins convert links to the correct format for use with JDownloader automatically, so you don't need that link converter thing.

I also tried their downloader which is called Jet Downloader. The installer is huge and the entire program seems over-complicated and it looks like sirchick's desktop wallpaper, but it does work OK.