4am freestyle over a 2tall beat

Jon

this is dope! yeh its not as tight as the other file you posted but there are also a few bits that are a bit more interesting....the beat is SICK AS FUCK! where did you get it and also how do you record your cuts they always sound fresh!

my thought's exactly Wax, I was just high off caffeine (hence my ridiculous posts at 3-4am on dv this morning, sorry) and needed to do something to pass the time. Bad bad times.

the beat is a loop i made from the end of 2tall's remix of Quasimoto's Bwad Factor off 2tall's Loose Ends for Divination CD from a few years back

Oh and i have quite a nice tascam audio interface for recording, foly.

8 inputs on that, i bought it when i used to play in a funk band and i used to record our practices with it. It also means i can record all my mpc outputs with it but these days i just tend to use my mpc for drumming when recording so I don't use it to its full extent. Always nice to have extra inputs just in case :)

Video is recorded using imovie and i just route the audio from my mixer into the tascam and monitor myself on headphones.

Oh and i have quite a nice tascam audio interface for recording, foly. Video is recorded using imovie and i just route the audio from my mixer into my soundcard and monitor myself on headphones.

you have a mac? can I get this software on a PC laptop? were gonna have to chat about this!

yup it's for mac, comes included when you buy a mac computer. Does all the basics.

I'm sure there's something similar for windows- can you record in windows movie maker if you have a webcam?

I have a web cam I might look into it this avo and post something up later! if it works!

im in the same boat as you foly.

i started looking into it but then its all got put on hold while i move.

let me kno ur findings

Foly- you can get two channel usb or firewire interfaces quite cheap. Just two input two output jobbies.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/461059-REG/Tascam_US_122L_US_122L_Audio_MIDI_Interface.html#features

I'm sure you can find cheaper but that's the sort of thing i mean- that's a bit more complicated than you need it to be too

couldn't you just record by plugging you mixer out into your computer mic in ?

nice cuts jon, liked the draggy combos and phrasing parts ;-)