Beatbox loopstation battle - awfulshit.

savwar

This IS terrible isn't it?

So fucking cheesey.

Like they certainly know how to work the equipment, but i can't really compliment them in any other way.

Guest Symatic

yeah theres something a bit cheesy about oxbox i just cant get my head round....

some amazing stuff to be done with those loop stations.... but i guess theres a whole debate there parralel to the DVS/vinyl debate about pure beatboxing vs loop station stuff.

beatbox championships was really good though this year, and theres no shortage of skills there

• Like 1

Guest rasteri

IMO most people just aren't tight enough to use a loop pedal, you need to be spot on with your timing. Little errors sound good over a whole performance, but if you've got the same one every 2 bars it sounds really shit.

• Like 2

IMO most people just aren't tight enough to use a loop pedal, you need to be spot on with your timing. Little errors sound good over a whole performance, but if you've got the same one every 2 bars it sounds really shit.

Building a song from scratch (joke aside) has this but if you work at home the first loop (tictoc) and use quantization it should work in sync. Maybe cheat for live battling but useful for gigging and live producing. Also make it reliable for adding some groovebox/sampler in time and have grow a instrumental over a beat.

Taste about music and skill is another point which I just don't care so much. To me there are two kind of music: good and bad xD

I guess it's all the singing and (bad) rapping which makes it corny. I mean, can you really be good at all 3 of those things when it's hard enough to master one of them on their own.

eg. I like the bearded dudes second beat until he started rapping on it.

The crowd looked like a bunch of East Europeans who were just happy to be in a room with a consistent electricity supply.

Who wears a suit jacket with the sleeves rolled up though? Come on.

Vahtang is better at doing the singing/beatbox thing than both of those cheesy cunts, and he's pretty cheesy too IMO.