All In Favor

Some more of me sampling, chopping, scratching and arranging it all into a track. Building this track was good fun, the bigger portion of work went into arranging and doing my version of mastering to try and get the levels of the tracks right. I'm very much enjoying the whole process and will keep at it.

• Like 2

Killer mate!

I agree, this sounds like a lot of fun - i really like hearing music made from the kind of samples that often get ignored. You can sample anything after all, so why not be original and have some fun with it?

I really like how even when you're not making hardcore turntablist music, your sound is totally informed by your tablist origins and working methods. Don't ever lose that!

In terms of getting the mix right, I can definitely hear advancements over your previous tracks. It certainly pays to focus on this from time to time although it does make time disappear. Don't get too hung up on it though as the best way to really advance that side of things is simply time and practice - your skills grow naturally through experience and your ears do just gradually seem to grow better at hearing stuff. I listen to things I made a couple of years back that sounded ok then and cringe now and I'll probably say the same about what I'm doing now in years to come. The only other tip I can think of for getting mixes right is to give yourself a break and come back to it with fresh ears, often your first instincts about the overall balance of the sound are correct and listening to the same thing for long enough really can distort your perspective.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...