Rage Against the Machine, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill Members Forming Supergroup

djdiggla

Wow. Just wow.

http://pitchfork.com/news/65579-rage-against-the-machine-public-enemy-cypress-hill-members-forming-supergroup-report/

It was recently revealed that Rage Against the Machine had launched a new website, prophetsofrage.com, with a countdown clock leading to June 1. Public Enemy's Chuck D seemed to hint at his involvement via Twitter. ("Prophets of Rage" is the name of a Public Enemy song.) Then, reports surfaced that it wasn't counting down to a Rage Against the Machine reunion announcement, but would involve live performances. Now, sources have told Billboard exactly who the Prophets of Rage are: a supergroup featuring three-quarters of Rage Against the Machine—Tom Morello, Tim Commerford, and Brad Wilk—plus Chuck D and Cypress Hill's B-Real. Zack de la Rocha is reportedly not involved. They're reportedly set to debut at the Hollywood Palladium on June 3 and will perform songs by all three groups.

• Like 2

Guest petesasqwax

Hehe - I read that and had the same "rock/rap supergroup? What could possibly go wrong?" thoughts.

*Judgement Night soundtrack obligatory mentiom

• Like 2

It's still technically a rumor... the announcement will be June 1 it looks like and it appears the group will be called Prophets of Rage.

Yeah, crossover stuff can be tough but Rage has done some rap covers and IMO the weak part of those tracks was De La Rocha, not the band.

Guest rasteri

What's it going to be called? Public Cypress Machine? Enemy Hill Rage? Oh, Prophets of Rage- yeah, that's better.

"too many cooks"

• Like 2

*Judgement Night soundtrack obligatory mentiom

Best soundtrack ever!

(quite happy to pay a few bob to see this... I like the idea of Terrordome with Brad Wilk, Timmy C and Tom Morello on the backing track)

• 1 month later...

So 1999 and boring and cliched as fuck

That guitar riff is so predictable i actually laughed out loud ,how come Tom Morello sounds absolutley irrelevant nowadays ? He fucking owned it once upon a time...

I actually liked all of the members music with their original groups,all 3 of those bands were terrific

But this sounds just like the shit my son used to listen to when he was 7 years old until i gave him some Husker Du cd's instead

I kinda like it. Not really what I'm into anymore but not bad. Better than when Rage did all those covers.

So 1999 and boring and cliched as fuck

That guitar riff is so predictable i actually laughed out loud ,how come Tom Morello sounds absolutley irrelevant nowadays ?

It sounds just like the shit my son used to listen to when he was 7 years old until i gave him some Husker Du cd's instead

It is very dated sounding. Shame this didn't happen much much earlier.

• Like 1

Yeah those Rage covers were really bad i must admit.. but to me this new stuff just sounds like it was done twenty years ago and like a million other bands from that era

Maybe i was expecting a little too much to be fair