Gym Rat: A Dubstep, Trap and Bass Mix

djdiggla

My mistake if I've posted this before but pretty sure I've not... I did a quick mix for a girl I know that's an amateur powerlifter. She wanted a mix for lifting weights that wasn't just rap. Turns out she didn't really like it lol.

It's a little quiet... do yall use something to boost your signal? I recorded it as high I could without clipping.

https://soundcloud.com/deejaydirka/diggla-gym-rat-mix

Cool will give it a listen soon cheers. I record my mixes in garageband. It shares the mix to iTunes (mp3) really quietly, so there's quite a process to make it louder but it does work, let me know if you use garageband and I can explain

• Like 1

Yeah, I had a really hard time with the volume. It was definitely noticeable to me too. Especially on a big stereo because the bass differences are pretty big between the more dubstep tracks and the trap stuff. I tried tweaking it a few times and gave up. Think it would it help to run through a compressor or something to level it out some or would that just make it worse?