Combined Beat AND Scratch Battle - VOTE!

DJ Rock Well

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the winner?

• Motek
    • DJ Help
    • Ovrkil
    • Stoprocent100
    • Vix
    • Illstylus
    • Jam Burglar
    • Wattz
    • Vet
    • Dubba Dutch
    • Backtrack
    • Psychedelic Schizophrenic
    • Rasteri
    • Joe Clockwork

The entries.

Motek

DJ Help

Ovrkil

Stoprocent100

Vix

Illstylus

Jam Burglar

Wattz

Vet

Dubba Dutch

Backtrack

https://youtu.be/2fg5Cd3E0lI

Psychedelic Schizophrenic

https://youtu.be/ysSwHq9cp3c

Rasteri

https://youtu.be/JJv9yCZJnh4

Joe Clockwork

https://youtu.be/01iq7HekwJs

Voting closes midnight, Saturday the 11th.

• Like 5

No doubt! Ive had a quick listen through on the phone and they are excellent. Really feeling Dubba and Joe at first pass.

Guest Symatic

hahah joe's fabreeze freshness is great.....

tough descision....

following the creteria of who was complimenting the beatmaker the most, i put jam burglar, vet and dubba in the top 3.... then filtering that down with technique, varied style, funk, cleanliness, i think my final vote has to go with Vet..... not to say that the others DIDNT have any of those. its well close. Clockwork, ovrkill, helpcut, mo..... shit theyre all sick!

theres a high standard here! really dope stuff everyone

wicked battle!

lone wolf clearly was the most popular beat but thats not the way the rules will necesarrily descide the winner :)

• Like 2

Guest Symatic

yeah dubba's vid was great, and really going in on the complimentary cuts vibe.

paul - the idea of using loopy to qna was wicked - im wondering if you can lock loopy's midi clock to whatever you're doing in traktor?

in fact maybe you could have been running the beat through loopy - then loop up shorter loops to keep it all perfectly synced?

i dunno if you can retrigger stuff in loopy yet but that would be sick. it's a bummer the z2 doesnt work as a controller for an iThing cos that would be sick, runnong traktor and loopy off one device...

Just to chime in...

Not that anybody's saying otherwise of course, but people are welcome to work to any criteria they like when voting.

Like Si, I'm particularly interested in how the cuts relate to the beat as the battle format sort of pushes things that way, so makes most sense to me. But equally, if anybody just thinks a video featured the best scratching regardless of any other criteria and that's what swings it for them, then go for it. I'm sure in the end the winning video will be dope on all fronts.

• Like 1

Dubba made me wish I used his beat...super fresh. Big up Rasteri too...post more my man...good stuff. All around some good entries from all.

Paul totally enhances the beat and I like the idea of battling with the low and slow tempo - battles invariably feature fast and/agggresive beats and it's what DJs battling naturally gravitate to...but watching these videos the slower, more considered cuts often punch just as hard when done right.

Same for Rasteri - I've not seen many examples of him cutting, but whenever I do it's clean, funky and really enjoyable.

Wether this battle or just on the internet generally, it's clear that there's a lot of really good scratchers out there, so it's interesting to see who stands out from the crowd and how.

hey jam - where'd you get your fader caps for your rane's headphone/pan/fx faders?

Those are the type that came with the original Rane 56. They changed them a little bit after the mixer was released for the more common type. I think all the knobs and pans are a little different.

Guest Symatic

ah damn... i have been looking for replacements but theyre either silly expensive or from other countries and stuff..... don't kow what the generic term to google is even.... anyway, enough derailing from me!

everyone here is so dope, glad i was able to lend a small helping hand to get this going.

Good luck to all the competed, and those who didnt get a chance, hopefully there will be another one soon.

Thanks to all the guys on here, who did or didnt battle in helping keep me motivated and moving forward!

• Like 4

urgh so many dope kutters. Was close but I had to go with Mr clockwork because he was super clean, and I dont just meant the fabreze. :d . We do need to talk about your video sync skills tho mate :p

Motek's entry for me.

:wub:

• Like 2

Guest Psychedelic Schizophrenic

Big shout out to everyone that contributed a beat or a scratch for the battle, it was a wickedly dope battle :8

Really too many dope entries to really choose one but I went for Rasteri for the super clean funky flow :8

• Like 1

Too many dope entries to count, but I had to throw my vote at Dubba. Big ups!

Also, Rockwell's beat was my fav, so it's a double vote from me :)

• Like 2

urgh so many dope kutters. Was close but I had to go with Mr clockwork because he was super clean, and I dont just meant the fabreze. :d . We do need to talk about your video sync skills tho mate :p

LOL - thanks dude!

It looked all right in iMovie but once it got to YouTube it slipped out of time. Maybe next time I'll compensate and line up the audio so it's too early!?

• Like 1

LOL - thanks dude!

It looked all right in iMovie but once it got to YouTube it slipped out of time. Maybe next time I'll compensate and line up the audio so it's too early!?

Just cut faster but move slower :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: