Combined Beat AND Scratch Battle - win a C&P test press!

DJ Rock Well

Dope beat, Rock.

I did think about giving this a bash myself and submitting something beatwise but I started and then totally forgot what I was doing and ended up on a prog jazz fusion type excursion via some Sun Ra and 'Space Ritual' era Hawkwind samples,a combination which probably isn't the best idea for a scratch break unfortunately... :|

Wanna hear that anyway mate ;)

Top work Doobs and Rock. Makes me (almost) dust off the tables and do some really bad scratching again.

• Like 3

Fuck any type of music mate, just do you.

The only thing I think to consider for a scratch beat is leave a little sonic space for cuts, just as you might do for vocals in a hip hop beat, etc. Stuff like really loud, high pitch lead lines that are constantly fighting with cuts doesn't work too well IMO. Although people still do this on some looper/battle beats and based on your previous beats it's not really gonna be relevant to your style anyway.

Nice one mate!

new member signs up to this forum..submits a beat for a battle with their second post. :8

This is definitely something we need more of happening around these parts!

• Like 2

Shout out to DubbaDutch for posting about this. Super dope idea!
Have been lurking on here since Friday, the beats you guys put up here are nuts!

• Like 2

@Loophole

Theres also a monthly beat battle on DV where DJ Rock Well picks an album for the sample heads on here to slice and dice if you feel like giving it a shot sometime.

The more people that get involved with these battles the better in my opinion !

• Like 2