13 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is.....

• ericuk
    • DJ Rock Well
    • Symatic
    • supacuts
    • kut_class
    • d00ban

Thanks boys! You've earned yourselves an extra burger next SSS.

Doob - of course you'll love cutting over it. Nah seriously though, I've got no 70bpm double-time game, only real time triplets, so I was trying to make something at 70bpm that I could cut to and this was it... and if your taking requests, I'd recommend simpler vocal cuts over the first and last parts with the piano and get busy with the more complicated aaahs over the middle 16 ;)

Eric - Over time? But look at the 10 seconds of silence I've included... surely you've not been cutting to that bit too? Actually, when you bounce out of maschine it has two annoying quirks - it adds 10 secs of silence at the end and sometimes clips the first transient slightly (hence the gap at the beginning). I should just through the file in logic and cut the silence off but I'm too lazy.

Thanks for your comment on the mix too - I did try a version with harder limiting on the master for more loudness on headphones and little speakers but this one worked so much better on the PA system which seemed more appropriate so it went with it.

My vote this month has to go to kutclass - synths are my weakest thing and I'm very envious of his skills on the bassline of this one.

Ha thanks rockwell ! Your beat is awesome and sounded great on the system the other day.

From a scratch perspective Kutclass is clear winner for me, I can't imagine making beats that are minimal but still have a nice swinging groove are that easy to make, unless your kutclass, I can and have scratched to that beat for hours. Musically I prefer Matts but it really doesn't do it for me as a cut beat

• Like 1