Dr octagon

Guest Symatic

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Whoaz!!!!!!!!!!!

Who saw that coming. I hope this is better than the Deltron follow up cos that was okay, but okay aint good enough for the Deltron legacy. Keith is still just awesome so i can't see it being back. Hope the new handsome boy is good to cos the 2nd album was really disapointing

Dr Octagon was one of those absolute landmark albums for me. Early 90s I loved hip hop but as G-Funk and gangster rap spread and then became pop and got worse still, I lost interest for a year or two in the middle of the decade. Dr Octagon was the album that made me love hip hop again.

I do think it was probably one of those one-off perfect storm moments though and don't really have high hopes for any sequels.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bear Witness IV!!

This is the most disappointing track IMO because I knew exactly what it was gonna be like - a variation on the same beat with Qbert doing warbly/watery scratches on super played out samples. It's not that that kind of scratching can't sound fucking dope - it just sounds phoned in, like he knocked it out in one go.