Daisy chain decks and mixers?

Sygboe

Hi, can anyone tell me how to set up 3-4 decks with 2 mixers in a daisy chain fashion?

I've seen this done on some you tube vids and scratch battles but don't know how to did it properly. Does one mixer go into the other mixer? And one deck ends up controlled by both mixers?

It's to have 2 scratch djs at the same time

Thanks.

Guest rasteri

There's no standard way as such - You could hook both mixers up to a third mixer, or you could hook one mixer up to the other one if it has a session in (or to the line in if you only have 3 turntables).

There used to be a device called a Stanton Session Box that hooked up either 3 or 6 mixers. It was very affordable too. I've not seen them in years but maybe try ebay if that sounds useful. Otherwise I'd suggest a cheap line mixer. But there's lots of ways you can do it. A number of mixers even have a "session in" plug and you just plug one mixer into that.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

For the set up that cuts out the other deck (in the 3 dex and 2 mixers scheme) set up a pair of dex and mixer as normal and then plug the out put of that mixer into the line in of one of the channels and then plug another deck into the unused channel of that mixer. That way it will cut out the mixer with the two deck normal set up on one channel of the mixer going into the line in.

I cut with a mixer either side of a deck so i can ambi cut on both sides.

I think i explained that confusingly.

• Like 1

Pics of the Stanton box if anyone wondered. Real hard to find used ones. I bought from TTL in the early 2000s.

https://imgur.com/a/8MQoa

Nice! I want one. Just got a studio room and need to hook up some mixers.

Should be able to build one...hmmm...

I was just about to express my extreme disappointment at the very thought of you buying something from Stanton when you could make a much cooler one yourself!

• Like 1

This worked perfectly, thanks! I was being pretty thick not actually working out. (Slaps head that hasn't done sooner).

This will be really good for continued both hands scratching practice.

For the set up that cuts out the other deck (in the 3 dex and 2 mixers scheme) set up a pair of dex and mixer as normal and then plug the out put of that mixer into the line in of one of the channels and then plug another deck into the unused channel of that mixer. That way it will cut out the mixer with the two deck normal set up on one channel of the mixer going into the line in.

I cut with a mixer either side of a deck so i can ambi cut on both sides.

I think i explained that confusingly.