Little things that need changing on DV?

Steve

Most of you are in the "Elite Member" group, or you have the same powers as someone in that group. Is there anything you think needs changing?

For example: -

Is your PM inbox big enough?

Do you have the ability to edit your own posts?

Can you add topic tags to a thread?

There's so many settings related to this stuff that I don't really want to trawl through it and see what particular groups can and can't do - it's been years since these permissions were initially set up.

So, if you can think of something that needs tweaking/changing - within reason - then let me know and I'll sort it out.

A couple of things that can't/won't be changed are bigger signatures, bigger avatars, and animated GIFs as avatars, so don't ask about those. :p

Guest Symatic

i would like a gold lambourgini to deliver my socks every morning fresh from a specially designed sock-toaster, and for each sock to have a different member of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on it every day.

other than that, its allllllllll good

• Like 1

Can we have the option of editing our own bit of text next to our avatars?

Here's some small changes I've made to the Elite Member group, so this affects anyone with over 150 posts: -

You can upload a personal photo that's 400 x 400 pixels and 300 KB in size (previously 200 x 300 and 100 KB).

You can click "like" on up to 40 posts a day instead of 20

You can use the tagging system when starting threads

You can change your own member title

EDIT - You can delete your own posts

Personal photos/avatars are still resized to the size they are now though, but if someone downloads the image or opens it in a new tab, they can see it full size.

Regarding tags, if people don't use them properly I'll disable them again, but they're helpful for finding content as if you tag a mix with "mixtape", for example, people can click on that tag and find all of the other threads tagged with "mixtape".

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

Have we got the ability to delete our own posts? I did a double post and couldn't find out how to delete it so I edited the second one to add something else instead.

Regarding deleting your own posts, I thought you could, but I just checked the settings and it was set to "no". I've set it to "yes" now, so you should see a "Delete" option to the left of the MultiQuote and Quote buttons on any of your own posts.

When I originally set the permissions up almost 10 years ago, I did it in a "think of the worst that could happen" way, so I didn't want people to be able to delete their own posts in case there was some crazy argument where one user deleted their own posts to avoid being suspended or banned. Obviously, there's not really any need for that now, so all folks with 150 posts or more can now delete their own posts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...