I just bought...

S01 was a piece of shit, now you can whip the floppy out for a USB (slow as arseholes but still) its usable, cant say ill be going back anytime soon though.

Truth be told, any "grit" or "character" or whatever can be faked with a bit reducer an eq and a bit of drive.

Yep, as I've been been doing for many years now. I only mention such things as I can't fathom any other reason for using hardware samplers other than any individual character they might impart.

• Like 1

S01 was a piece of shit, now you can whip the floppy out for a USB (slow as arseholes but still) its usable, cant say ill be going back anytime soon though.

Truth be told, any "grit" or "character" or whatever can be faked with a bit reducer an eq and a bit of drive.

Yep, as I've been been doing for many years now. I only mention such things as I can't fathom any other reason for using hardware samplers other than any individual character they might impart.

SP-404 'Vinyl Sim'- FTW !

The plug in Vulf Compressor is modelled on the SP's Vinyl Sim and is apparently really good, I think it was fairly expensive when it came out but I dunno if its cheaper now..anyone here have any experience with it ?

I'd be interested in your opinion of it if you have.

There's also this thing from Tailored Noise called 'The Sausage Fattener' that looks pretty interesting too, hehe.

• Like 1

Suasage fattener is recommended by pretty much everybody i have ever met or spoken to who has used it.

Again i have replicated what it does blind with drive and EQ and compression, but the simplicity of the plugin cant be underestimated.

But.....

Why the fuck are you asking about software lol

• Like 1

But.....

Why the fuck are you asking about software lol

Hehe-

I would like to work with some software at some point soon and incorporate it into my set up.

I don't want or need anything too complex rig wise but the idea of maybe running a couple of 404's with something like Ableton is really appealing sounding the more I've thought about it lately.

I'm also intrigued by what these plug-ins could maybe offer in terms of mixing down tracks with better sound quality and separation etcetera but I have absolutely zero experience with these things and its all a bit of a minefield to me tbh,hence the question really.

Guest It'sPhilFromThursdays

Korvpressor -

smart dynamic

hotdog device

por

Klevgränd produkter

AB

Are you sure this isn't just the text from a japanese t shirt?

• Like 3

Korvpressor is my one of my favourite compressors of all time, the design is so fucking brilliant and intuitive, once you have used it, you have to think, yep thats how compressors should be.

@danswift

You want to look in to Reaper dude, does everything Ableton does but way way more, better (Shit much much much) better mix engine and stretching implementations.

The stability is off the fucking chain, and so is the efficiency (Fucking thing will still run on Pentium 4 running win98 hahahaha)

It also has a native looper that you will chuck your junk over (The developer is one of them guitarist things like you)

Looks and works like a pain in the shit when you first install it, but it can be configured from the ground up, so we can have a chat and get you a slimmed down set up and UI that has only what you want in it, it is designed to be configured to work around you, rather than you working around it.

The mix engine is superb and the routing and efficiency is ridiculous, always wins any head to head on CPU usage.

The forum users are cunts, and to be fair the developers are close enough to being cunts for me to call them cunts, but they do update regular and add plenty of features you guitar types would like lol.

Oh $65 instead of $600 helps a fuck ton too.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Grabbed an ecker hak 310 for 120 nz dollars, which is about 60 quid....

Some of the pots were a bit shitty, but took a trip down to serato hq and scored a whole new set of brand new pots from a box of spares...which look great!!

Mark @ djworx also very kindly sorted me a innofader for it....i like it better than my 56, tbh!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm such a tat magnet :$

K5U4sxB.jpg

It was cheap and clean, plus I always fancied a go on one.

That thing looks pretty interesting, Rock.

I really like the look of those on-board FX there too btw. :8

There's a thin line between interesting and completely mental and I'm still not sure I've decided where this falls.

You basically get a very simple analogue synth stuck on your mixer. Some of the FX could be applied to music or cuts, but others no so much. Maybe it makes sense as a throwback to the days pre DVS when tablists always wanted their mixers to do more. It seems a bit quaint but once upon a time a mixer with built in device to play analogue bass lines for your loop pedal routines would've been amazing. I'm sure the claim for these is cheap real analogue too, not DSP (unless Deft's review for Skratchworx was pure hokum). For what it can do, the oscillator and filter sound pretty good - better than the n3xt Lev3l plastic tat Roland roll out every year anyway.

Apart from being a bit dated, it's a strange mix of good intentions and varied execution. Some bits are built very well, others seem to be written off as good enough for a DJ mixer. Overall you can really tell it was made by somebody who wasn't the target audience but was surrounded by them and doing his best to try and keep up.

• Like 2

Yeah the buttons are still underneath. I remember quite liking the 100i, though I must have flogged mine off at some point - I think I had one. I would have preferred the same kind of controls in a generally higher spec kind of mixer. I recall the build and sound was a bit average.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Symatic

Brand new original (grey faceplate) A+H Xone 02 £133 and was giggling like a little bitch !!!

yeah man, i've had 2 off ebay for silly money. its such a dope mixer for sound quality and the flexibility that comes with having line and phono available together for each channel at the same time, perfect for my geeky tape delay stuff.

did you think about getting an RME though? :) (sorry not sorry i had to)

• Like 1