Technics ultra pitch

Backtrack

Oh sheeeeit

Are you just doing a short run of these? One of my 1200's is getting repaired (hopefully) and would love to do this if it comes back working.

I have no clue how many I will make. I will stop when its no fun making them anymore.

I def think your Technics is deserving of a upgrade!

• 1 year later...
Guest Symatic

random vid of this mod in the wild.... this was immediately after plugging it in.... my piano skills are now too godlike to capture on film :)

• Like 3

Sy, how does the torque behave on yours? I finally got a chance to check this out in person and cut on one for a while but the main drawback is the torque at the lower speeds not really being there so the record speed doesn't pick up that well when you release the record. So, I would say based off my experience that the pitch mod on the 1200 generally works but the Vestax decks are noticeably better at handling the pitch, especially at slower speeds.

Guest Symatic

Vestax are the one no question.

My technics mods both have less torque at slower speeds (i have kab and backtracks) but id say its proportionate to the trchnics torque when its playing at 0%.

Vestax i guess also have less torque at -50 but its still plenty.

Ive adjusted my style a bit on the ultra techs... the platter is heavier so you still have a bit of fly wheel effect and with a nice slipmat like those slip sheets or whatever its decent enough.

For me its the smooth feel of the techs and the nicer sound that make the mod worth it. Its also got me cutting on my technics more regularly which is helpful for djing gigs and stuff so you dont have that "i cant do stuff" feeling

• Like 1

Word, I still prefer the feel of the techs, even to a Controller One. I kind of assumed the torque wasn't directly related to the speed but I guess that's not the case. And I have never had the slightest problem with torque on the 1200s (at speeds as low a -16%) but at the slower speeds on the ultrapitch it was a bit of an issue. I found myself flipping your records over to the normal speed side because it was easier, haha.

Guest Symatic

Yeah i def get a bit more of that drag or slow pickup on ultra on a technics, but like i said it just made me learn a more delicate style to conpensate.

It also encouraged more record control which is a good thing.

I just had a mess around on one and tried stopping the platter at 0 and at -50 and dint notice much difference in pickup speed if any atall