Updated SSS.com

Jimmy

Looks good geez. You sure your twitter feed belongs there though?

I thought it gives people the option incase they dont use FB or whatever. I dont really want to have to set up a specific SSS account. Im happy to link your account too if you'd like.

Looks good geez. You sure your twitter feed belongs there though?

I thought it gives people the option incase they dont use FB or whatever. I dont really want to have to set up a specific SSS account. Im happy to link your account too if you'd like.

The option for what? To hear you not talk about SSS? I don't think it belongs there. Fair enough you wanna link your account somewhere but it should be in the "about bit" when you talk about yourself or somewhere.

I think it looks really good, but I agree with d00b about your Twitter account.

There's a single white dot on your black background, close to the bottom-right corner. I thought it was a spec of dust or dead pixel on my monitor, but it's on the background image itself.

The white framed content looks great on the black background. With a big monitor, it does suffer from the "it's all pushed to the left!" curse though: -

Clipboard01.jpg

But then so does YouTube and a bunch of other sites.

Oh yeah, cheers for linking to DV. I would make your email address clickable in that section too.

• Like 1

Site looks great but that background is 3.2mb so it loads fairly slowly on Welsh broadband. If you open it up on photoshop and save it for web and mess about with the optimisation settings you should be able to get it down loads. Alternatively make it into a tile.

Steve - Thanks a whole lot for that! its been replaced now so that'll solve the associated problems!

the og background was actually a photo i took by mistake of the inside of my lens cap, hence the size etc. #noob

i only look at the web thru small windows so not noticed the massive right hand gap lol. but if its good enough for youtube...

Cheers for all the compliments/comments tho guys. Very much appreciated.

I think it looks really good, but I agree with d00b about your Twitter account.

Don't pretend you didn't read this Jimmy!

:d

been thinking it over since you first mentioned it, not quite made my mind up. on one hand i totally agree that its not quite right, but also without it, it'd mean 3/5 links would be facebook related.

I was also gonna make a conscience decision to talk about SSS more and generally less general social media shiz, and my other idea was to have a dedicated SSS account with a few of us linked to it to populate the posts, but not sure if you'd be up for that.

I do think tho twitter reaches some people FB doesnt, its also less intrusive if you just want to glace at it, rather than having to sign up just to have a look, so yeh...

yeh, makes sense, just had an idea actually...

I'll have a twitter link on the site, that links to the hastag seatch #SuperScratchSunday

that way whatever posts are tagged with that will end up on the results paged regardless of author.

result.