P&G Fader

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, the image showing on the web site is not actually of a CF-PG1, but is a standard CF-PCV

Lol, Why would you do that.

It's like putting an add in a paper to see if anyone wants to buy your BMW but putting in a picture of a skoda.

a tried and trusted technique!

i got my png rom the djstore up in aberdeen, i remember they were really helpfull and the fader turned up nice and quick.

cant remember prices, but i know it was quite reasonable.

call them on 087090084840  uk only i think.

http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/group.pl?terms=penny

unless my eyes decieve me they've got the wrong fucking pciture on that site as well!! :((

I dunno mate, in their defence they did say this in the email: -

"I am slightly surprised to hear that we are the cheapest place to buy this fader as we do not try to compete with our dealers on prices. Please ensure you make people aware that the price shown does not include VAT which will be added to all orders along with a £5.00 postage fee. Therefore the total cost for a CF-PG1 is £74.99. Also note we can only supply to customers living in the UK."

I'm sure it's against the law to not display the price with VAT. I know you can display both prices with the one containing VAT in smaller letters below.

The price shown must include VAT at the current rate. However, if most of your sales are to other businesses you may quote VAT exclusive prices provided there is an equally prominent statement about how much VAT is to be added or the rate at which it will be added.

From Trading Standards.

I have a PCV in my Vestax and a PnG in my Stanton. I like the PnG alot...But to tell you the truth I more enjoy the PCV because of the weight and glide. PnGs have no weight or glide. I also have to card mod and clean my PCV every month or so. The PnG is good out the box. PnG is a better fader build, and is a sharper cleaner cut. I just like the wieghtand glide of a PCV.

Guest Deeswift

I guess it's down to what you're used to. P&G is worth getting used to, most definately. I find that the feel of a P&G can be fairly accurately described as a cross between an ALPS and a PCV. It's lighter than a PCV for sure, but heavier than a good old ALPS. It feels more "positive" to me, there's no side to side movement in mine. Plus the cut in is exceptional. Not too far away from instant on/off. It might differ though, and that'd be down to the curve circuitry of your mixer. In an 05 LTD, you can turn the curve right down to around the 10 o'clock position and still it's sharp.

Guest Deeswift
p+g are playing people, they are no longer made by penny and giles, they are now being made in a diffrent country using cheaper shit, just so heads know what theyre paying for.

:o

I'm glad to have an original now. I'll keep a hold of it.

the best thing about the P&G is you can get the repair kit for 15 notes and it has spare everything's in there!

where can you get it? I bent the little spring thingies when I was cleaning it...doh!

I'm using a modded pcv at the mo and that seems as good as the P&G. it has a fine a cut in point but really loose with that magic caig oil!

are you sure p&G don't make them now? did wonder about this, especially as you're pushing the eb one now.

they'd be putting their rep on the block if so.. my understanding was that vestax effectively said "stop selling you faders direct to the public for £40 or else!"

anyway, they're sweet as, mine is 12 months old and a real breath of fresh air

however, it does seem to have come a bit loose. is this a common problem, and can it be addressed with the minimum of fuss?

are you sure p&G don't make them now? did wonder about this, especially as you're pushing the eb one now.

they'd be putting their rep on the block if so.. my understanding was that vestax effectively said "stop selling you faders direct to the public for £40 or else!"

anyway, they're sweet as, mine is 12 months old and a real breath of fresh air

however, it does seem to have come a bit loose. is this a common problem, and can it be addressed with the minimum of fuss?

I have a spare P&G which I bought a few years ago but I want to completely kill this PCV or fix the other one before I use it...

:d