P&G Fader

hey, im currently using the Vestax PMC-06 but im thinking of changing to the Penny and Giles crossfader anyone know is the difference considerable from the standard fader in the Vestax?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Deeswift

You bet. P&G fucking ROCKS. If you play with the Vestax fader for a while, then install the P&G you'll notice a big difference.

Guest Deeswift

Most noticable change is the improvement in cut in time (barely any fade), cut in point (it's right on the edge of the slot), and also the fader is more dampened because of the rubber buffers on the P&G rail -- no clacky sound like with the Vestax faders.

Other benefits of using a P&G is the fact that you can replace any parts if they somehow get broken, which isn't too likely as the faders are exceptionally well made. Saying that, I just broke my P&G stem, but I think that was my own stupid fault for pressing the button on too hard. It lasted a good 2 or 3 years before this happened though.

Guest Mike Reezy

i need a p&G where can I get one, I just ripped the focus fader outofmy mixer, its soo sad, its a damn good fader, but they madeit way to cheap, if it was stronger, and didnt sway from side to side (after abuse) it would be the best fader ever.

but it sucks a fat dick

wheres my P&G?

Guest Mike Reezy
That sucks mike....you should ask Q for a new one..;)

Q has nothing to do with focus faders, maybe im missing some of your intention, were you implying that I could just call Q and ask him for a new fader or mixer or something? I assure you thats not the case, im just a really lukky motherfukker who knows how to infiltrate.

yeah for now im rocking the 56.. which IMO isnt as bad as I used to think it was, I hold the fader caps at the very tip top of them tho, alot different than how I bust the fader on vestax pro series.

No worries. If there was a huge price difference then maybe I could have ordered it from Vestax and posted it over, but once you add P&P and all the fucking about it's not really worth it for the sake of a tenner.

http://www.vestax-online.co.uk/product-detail.asp?AID=28

£59.57. Cheapest I've seen in the UK. It's about time Penny & Giles pulled their fingers out and made them more widely available though. They're quite often out of stock on the few sites that seem to sell them.

Steve, Watch out man. That is not a Penny & Giles fader. That is just the new version PCV. They are just like the old ones. Don't buy one of those.

Are you sure mate? I've not bought one because a P&G won't fit in my mixer without any modding, but I remember Liam saying that the Vestax online store was the cheapest place to get them. The product code is CF-PG1 which I thought stood for Penny & Giles. Apologies for giving out duff info if I'm wrong though. :(

Hello Steve

Thank you for the mail, and apologies for the confusion. The CF-PG1 is a Penny & Giles manufactured fader. However, the image showing on the web site is not actually of a CF-PG1, but is a standard CF-PCV as we did not have an image of the P&G fader. I can assure you that any orders placed on our web site would be supplied with the correct fader.

I am slightly surprised to hear that we are the cheapest place to buy this fader as we do not try to compete with our dealers on prices. Please ensure you make people aware that the price shown does not include VAT which will be added to all orders along with a £5.00 postage fee. Therefore the total cost for a CF-PG1 is £74.99. Also note we can only supply to customers living in the UK.

Hope this clears this up and please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Andy Williams

Vestax Europe Ltd

Unit 5 Riverwey Industrial Park

Alton

Hants. GU34 2QL

England

Mail: andy@vestax.co.uk

Tel: ++ 44 (0) 1420 83 000

Fax: ++ 44 (0) 1420 80 040

Well, he's confirmed that it's a P&G, but also confirmed that they are not the cheapest place to buy from after all. lol.