Technics SL-1200GAE announced

Steve

So true! There's still a few people out there bitching about certain features when what they should really be saying is "$4000 EACH!!!!"

Although the non-limited version will basically be the same apart from a different name/model designation - SL-1200GHEY

Fellas, fellas, $4k is a small price to pay for possibly the greatest DJ meme in history. The 1200GHEY. It's epic. I would have preordered but I'm holding out for the Stanton version--the Str8GHEY.

this is sig worthy

• Like 2

4gheys a piece ! Got me thinking I might just do the referb thing and ultra pitch mod. If there was a technics midi mod that would be killer...

Guest Symatic

giggedy

4gheys a piece ! Got me thinking I might just do the referb thing and ultra pitch mod. If there was a technics midi mod that would be killer...

I think you should wait a couple of weeks. Just saying...

• 3 months later...

I wondered what had happened to these things. It turns out that they are a snip at £2799 each. The first 300 have already gone to those greedy Japanese.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/technics-confirms-uk-price-sl-1200gae-turntable-ps2799

I signed up for their stupid newsletter just so I could get the e-mail, not pull the trigger, and then wonder whether I made the right decision for the rest of my life. Well, I never got the notice they were going on sale so now that's never going to happen.

• Like 1

Start selling things Deft! Sperm, blood, that little bit of cartilage in your ear, use of your penis for the night... Time is of the essence!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, my half hearted quest for these turntables has come to nothing yet. I dropped into a local "official" Technics distributor to be told they still don't exist on a system to order, and they couldn't tell me a list price. Anyway, I said - if you can get me two, I'll take the suckas. I'm not convinced they will be able to get me a pair, not least because of my deposit receipt......I shit you not.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...