Replacement power adaptor for an 06

Frost

Channel A on my S5 is well and truly knackered so I want to get use my 06 with Pro X Fade instead but can't find the power adaptor. Isn't there something around being able to use another power adaptor as long as the voltage is higher or lower or something and it's okay? Or is that amps?

Does anyone have a spare one I can buy cheap or know where I can get a replacement cheap?

Ta

You might be able to use a general multi plug if the voltage isn't over 12 (some old Vestax are 12v, some 15v).

Funnily enough, I made this exact same mixer this past weekend - there was an old, battered abandoned 06 in the cupboard where I work and last week I scored a Pro X Fade on eBay for £25. I put the two together and made a surprisingly good scratch mixer.

I'll check the power requirements on the adaptor after work if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

Isn't there something around being able to use another power adaptor as long as the voltage is higher or lower or something and it's okay? Or is that amps?

Yeah it's amps - the voltage on the power adapter should be exactly what is required by the unit, but the current in mA can (and arguably should) be higher than what is required.

HOWEVER - for some stupid reason Vestax decided to wire the plug so the center pin is negative rather than positive, contrary to every other manufacturer on the market. If you're using a generic power supply you'll have to make sure you set it up to take this into account, or you'll blow the input regulator.

Never mind - you said it requires an AC-14 power supply, which as it uses alternating current the polarity doesn't matter. This'll do ya - http://cpc.farnell.com/stontronics/s2270st/ac-ac-power-supply-12v-0-5a-universl/dp/PW02818

• Like 1

Ras would you like an OG 07 to fix up?

Hey! Do you mean you want me to fix your 07 for you, or you want to sell me a broken one? I'd probably be up for it either way.

Ras would you like an OG 07 to fix up?

Hey! Do you mean you want me to fix your 07 for you, or you want to sell me a broken one? I'd probably be up for it either way.

Sell to fix a broken one and then maybe you sell to eric as hes was looking into one! rca outs where wonkey and the up faders need new stems cleaning up and the cross fader needs replacing or fixing, also the stem has gone it also. Damn 2 prone design!